My P10 just saved my butt!

I was watching one of the Star Wars movies tonight on my home cinema system. It’s an 11.3 channel system with a lot of power, hooked up to three banks of the P10. My batteries for the pre/pro remote were going dead and it was acting a little squirrelly, but I didn’t think much of it. During the loud finale music at the end of the movie, I tried to turn the volume down a notch, but it started ramping down too fast. Without thinking, I hit the volume up switch to bring it back up a little. Bad idea!

It started racing up to full volume and I couldn’t stop it. I’m pressing the volume down key to no avail. Then I start fumbling for the DVD remote in the dark, hoping to shut it off. It’s quickly approaching max volume, we are all freaking out expecting the speakers and/or our ears to blow, and then . . . silence.

After I got my wits back, I went and checked the system. The P10 had shut down all three banks of power. After a few minutes, I switched them back on (leaving the DVD player off). I put some new batteries in the remote, turned the pre/pro back on, and then brought the volume back down to reasonable levels. I fired up the DVD player and checked for sound out of all the speakers. Everything was good. The P10 saved the day!

Thanks, Paul, for making such an awesome product. It has performed flawlessly, and tonight it saved my butt.

A terrifying story.

Like driving down a steep twisty mountain road and the brakes fail.

Yeah, that’s pretty much how it felt in the moment.

Avadia said I was watching one of the Star Wars movies tonight on my home cinema system. It's an 11.3 channel system with a lot of power, hooked up to three banks of the P10. My batteries for the pre/pro remote were going dead and it was acting a little squirrelly, but I didn't think much of it. During the loud finale music at the end of the movie, I tried to turn the volume down a notch, but it started ramping down too fast. Without thinking, I hit the volume up switch to bring it back up a little. Bad idea!

It started racing up to full volume and I couldn’t stop it. I’m pressing the volume down key to no avail. Then I start fumbling for the DVD remote in the dark, hoping to shut it off. It’s quickly approaching max volume, we are all freaking out expecting the speakers and/or our ears to blow, and then . . . silence.

After I got my wits back, I went and checked the system. The P10 had shut down all three banks of power. After a few minutes, I switched them back on (leaving the DVD player off). I put some new batteries in the remote, turned the pre/pro back on, and then brought the volume back down to reasonable levels. I fired up the DVD player and checked for sound out of all the speakers. Everything was good. The P10 saved the day!

Thanks, Paul, for making such an awesome product. It has performed flawlessly, and tonight it saved my butt.

Thanks for letting us know!