My recent experience with Revelation Audio Labs

Yes. I had an immediate sense of improved soundstage in all ways.

3 Likes

I ordered a RAL HDMI I2S cable yesterday as well. I’ll re-purpose the Wireworld Platinum Starlight for the new I2S output of my Oppomod 203 and the DirectStream Dac. Then I’ll use the RAL between my Jay’s Audio CD Transport and DSD as it sees the most consistent use.

The RAL HDMI takes about 100 hours to settle in.

1 Like

I am going to order another RAL HDMI for my Jay’s Audio Transport as well. Imagine if it makes the same amount of improvement there. Wow.

I’m really happy that my wacky friend convinced me to buy one.

1 Like

One transport?
One Wireworld HDMI cable?
One RAL HDMI Cable?
One Ester The Inflatable Pal?

2 Likes

Ester has been driving me crazy lately: “What are all these *****g cables doing in here?” “Get rid of these things” “Roaaaar”

1 Like

Tweakers gon’ tweak, I guess…:man_shrugging:t2:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

That’s one of my favorites!

Guess I am the contrarian of the group — I sold my RAL USB recently and I just bought a WWPS7 HDMI (and early impressions are that it is one live wire!).

3 Likes

I bought your RAL USB and I think you did it backwards. The RAL USB is a fine cable, I do not believe it is better or worse than the Wireworld it replaced. But the RAL HDMI, that is a whole other story. I wish you could hear both and tell us what you think.

Hi Al, I hope you are still enjoying the RAL USB. I thought about ordering a new RAL HDMI, but two things got in the way: (1) I feared a potential months-long delay between payment and shipment; and (2) I was the beneficiary of a nice deal on a used WWPS7 HDMI.

I have never heard a RAL HDMI and I am just today starting to listen with my newly acquired WWPS7 HDMI between my Auralic Aries G2 and Auralic Vega G2. (No USB anywhere in the system anymore, as the Melco, which houses my FLAC and DSD files, is connected via Ethernet only.)

I believe those who have heard both the RAL and WWPS7 HDMI cables and say that the RAL is the winner. But for the reasons I mentioned above, I am happy to be enjoying the WWPS7 while blissfully ignorant of how much better the RAL might sound in my system.

5 Likes

It’s not like the WW wasn’t originally the “mind blowing hdmi to have” just a couple months ago.

1 Like

I am very happy you now own a WWPS7HDMI cable. I was not in agreement with the dealer who told you there was no difference in sound between… I hear an obvious difference between the Platinum and the Silver Starlights, with the Platinum producing the most joy.
Enjoy!

1 Like

A better cable then my WW platinum HDMI :exploding_head:

I am not
Buying another cable I won’t do it😖

Crap, but I will dam , dam :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I did. :yum:

2 Likes

rabbit hole

2 Likes

I just ordered a 1.25m RAL HDMI cable for use with my Jay’s Audio CD2-MK2 Transport. The clock has started again. :slight_smile:

My mind will be totally blown if it does for the transport what it did for my Euphony Server through the Matrix.

2 Likes

I got my shipping label created notification on my 1.25 M. On the 27th after order on the 7th But It is difficult to be too excited as of yet since there has been no text notification progression that cable is in USPS hands as of yet.

Myself I would have swapped the existing RAL cable over to the transport prior to ordering another. The buy now and try later exudes your confidence and belief in the cable’s magic pixie :fairy:‍♀ dust or overjoy from Ester the inflatable.

1 Like