New BHK 600?

Well, this seems like an expensive way to get new tubes but the timing is perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to hearing more about this one. Maybe put some deployable casters on it?

“The light is green, the trap is clean”!

2 Likes

Such divergence of opinion. Mine stands proud and tall for the world to see.

2 Likes

I am trying Patrick, trying my best.

3 Likes

Considering the sound quality of the BHK 250 and 300s, I am sure the BHK 600s will sound awesome!

For those consider buying them, who have BHK 300s, I would suggest trading your 300s in on the 600s. And be sure the 600s are your last amps because their resale value will be tough. PS Audio gear under $10k retail has great resale value and are easy resold. Items over $10k retail not so much.

2 Likes

That’s why there’s chocolate AND vanilla.

When do we get a glimpse of these warlocks?

600W BHK mono blocks!

And to think a few minutes ago I was sitting blissfully in front of a pair similarly rated mono blocks (with blue meters dancing around), admiring Ted’s prodigious talent (having swapped a pair of XS4400 transformers into his DSD), thinking I was finally a perfectly happy camper! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Paul, why not make the handle removable and offer a plug kit to finish off the flat front? This way it’s the end user who decides the end look. My 2 cents.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea…!

Careful about reading too much into Sanders amp topology for general use. From the beginning, the Magtech and ESL amps were optimized for driving challenging (low ohm), purely resistive or nearly so impedance of electrostats. Which ironically makes it not such a challenging load. I’m aware some have considered, and probably do, use Sanders Magtech or ESL amps for driving conventional loudspeakers. I have shied away from Sanders amps despite looking at them many times because I’m not an eletrostat guy and nothing Sanders has published about his approach tells me he has ever voiced or tested his amps for any other purpose. What leads you to think, btw, that Sanders electrostats have a wild impedance? By what criterion?

Oh boy. At 96 lbs, handles or no handles, nothing is comfortable for a 62 year old back to move around. My Pass 250.5 has back panel handles and at around 80 lbs comfortable to move around and place on a rack … isn’t.

2 Likes

Yeah the new Edcor transformers are great. The thought of Beta testing some 600 BHK Amps versus the blue meter big amps is fun. Now if they would keep the P20 display for a power meter for us who like meters to keep balance level in our rooms consistent between various sources. The non meter lovers can switch them off for a solid black front. Thus would be forward thinking in product placement that meets every desire.

1 Like

What would you do with meters on the mono amps?

1 Like

Mr. D’Agostino would like to have a word with you:

1 Like

Displays on amps… analog displays maybe for that sweet sweet bling but…
While it would be really fun to skin or theme a display on my amp (the NAD M10 can do this) the engineer in me says don’t put LCDs and LCD controllers anywhere near my analog stage and especially nowhere near tubes. Displays like that can get silly noisy with EMI.

3 Likes

In case I missed it but what will the BHK 600 output be rated at?

If PS tradition follows then the number after the BHK is the 8 ohm output power and the design goal is to double that at 4 ohm (while being stable). So, I assume, this is 600 watt @ 8ohm and 1200watt @ 4 ohm is the design goal based upon the naming convention used previously.

1 Like

Thanks…I should’ve realized that