Torreys Final Posted

Well, we believe all the bugs are worked out, the sound is excellent and the more I listen to Torreys the more I don’t want to go back to any other version.

Go to our Downloads page and download Torreys for DirectStream and you’ll be in heaven.

This version does not require you to remove the SD card when you’re done and should cause no headaches.

We’ve seen a few reports of the Bridge not showing up after loading Torreys though we’ve not been able to replicate the problem. If you find this problem, reboot the DAC and it should show back up again.

Torreys for DirectStream Junior’s next up on the list of projects.

Stay tuned.

Thanks Paul -

If we have the last beta released, it there any reason to switch to the official version?

Thanks!

Thank you, Paul.

I am curious to know if the Torreys official release is based on any of the beta versions (Ta, Tb, or Tc) or if it is a complete free-standing version, meaning Torreys alpha with the bug fix included? Was there any voicing process performed after the Torreys alpha (which was already voiced prior to the bug fix)?

The files are the same as in the New New Torreys thread.

I got a problem during load. It went directly to initialization without blinking for about 30 secs. Apart from this it appeared normal, but I guess this is because it didn’t take the SD files. Tried a second time - same thing. Troubleshooting ongoing.

EDIT: If one have the New New Torreys onboard the DS already, will it load the new official one from the SD card nevertheless?

The files in the final release are the same as the New New - the loader.cfg file has just been changed to not force a new load if it’s been left in the slot on a power up. The net effect is that the final release will do nothing if it’s directly loaded over another Torreys beta. I’ll email Dennis and Paul directly to see if they want to do something about this.

In changing the different Beta Torreys, I had to reload Yale before the new files would load properly. I assume I will reload Yale tonight to load new Final Torreys. Can’t wait to hearit.

Wonderful news Paul! I cannot wait to give it a spin tonight.

Any time frame on the BridgeII update for RoonReady?

Apparently the version number in the Torreys download has been fixed - if you were running any Torreys beta and the version number in the version screen isn’t 0136 you probably want to download/redownload the Torreys final and install it to get to the latest code no matter what you had before.

Just confirming that loading of Version 0136 went just fine this time.

For me as well, happily installing over TorreysC and displaying revision 0136.

Paul, Ted, what did you guys do? I’m in a load of trouble. When my wife comes home and hears this she’s going to think I bought another component. Yeah… Another expensive component. Holy crap, wow. A world class DAC.

Ted Smith said The files are the same as in the New New Torreys thread.
Hi Ted. I experienced what appeared to me to be a technical issue with Torreys C beta, namely that the music stopped suddenly in the middle of playing a file and I needed to power-cycle the DS to regain sound. I reported this in the 'New New Torreys' thread here. I did not see anyone else report a similar issue and no one commented on my post. Hence, I am hoping and assuming it was one-off anomaly (actually, it happened twice in a couple of hours, at which point I reverted to Yale). I will endeavor to install Torreys Final later this evening and hope for the best.

Even after getting back to Yale, then installing Torrey Final I get Rev. 0135 ?!?

LOADER.CFG is from 31.05.2016

Bootzilla said Hi Ted. I experienced what appeared to me to be a technical issue with Torreys C beta, namely that the music stopped suddenly in the middle of playing a file and I needed to power-cycle the DS to regain sound. I reported this in the 'New New Torreys' thread here. I did not see anyone else report a similar issue and no one commented on my post. Hence, I am hoping and assuming it was one-off anomaly (actually, it happened twice in a couple of hours, at which point I reverted to Yale). I will endeavor to install Torreys Final later this evening and hope for the best.
There have been sporadic failures of random things on the boot that does an upgrade of most releases over time. The next boot is almost always better. Also there are still known issues with the Bridge II in Torreys: http://www.psaudio.com/forum/directstream-all-about-it/bridgeii-issues-in-torreys/#p56027

Neither of these seem to apply to the 2nd failure you mention: but if it happens again take out the JitterBug and see if that helps.

Helmut said Even after getting back to Yale, then installing Torrey Final I get Rev. 0135 ?!?

LOADER.CFG is from 31.05.2016

There were a few downloads after the release was first posted but before the version number was corrected to 136. If you downloaded it too early you should just download it again.

Ted, it is a pleasure to have such support!

My LOADER.CFG was from12:12, the recent download was from 14:12.

rev. 136 now!

mobs said Wonderful news Paul! I cannot wait to give it a spin tonight.

Any time frame on the BridgeII update for RoonReady?

Wondering about this as well. I have not updated the Bridge before - do I need to do something or does the DS check for an update on boot?

Upgrade went fine for me. Just to be sure, I reverted from Torreys C to Yale and then ran the upgrade to Torreys final with no issues.

Paul McGowan said ...

Torreys for DirectStream Junior’s next up on the list of projects.

Stay tuned.

With the Torrey’s release for DS now settled, the software having been voiced on the DS platform, when you do the DSJ release, does that get voiced on the DSJ platform and subsequently tweaked, or do you just do a “cut and paste” of the relevant Torrey’s code for DS and post that for download into DSJ without further need for voicing?

Tim, the Bridge is upgraded from the DS screen. It will show an update when it’s available. You can also watch the boards or subscribe to Paul’s Posts where I’m sure it will be announced.