New P12 Won’t Boot - Happy Ending!

The P12 arrived today but seems to stall at “regenerator initialization” stage. Connect power, main switch On, and the fans spin up a bit 15-20s. Display shows 4 receptacles but never advances to meter display (according to the manual). Touchscreen and remote control have no function. Stays catatonic until power is removed. No loads are connected to the outputs. Is there something else I need to do for basic checkout?

I even reflashed the firmware. That process worked fine. Lights up the blue logo for a few minutes and restarts. No help though!

Are you pressing the front panel PS logo button?

Yes, I just tried pressing the blue logo button and no response. Still stuck on the Home screen.

Can you reach out to our service department by phone today?

Yes, plan on calling early today. Thank you!

After talking with a PS Audio customer service tech this P12 is headed back to Colorado and an advanced replacement is in the pipeline. Thank you for great service!

5 Likes

The advanced replacement unit from PS Audio speaks speaks
volumes of their customer support service…

A truly amazing outfit…PS Audio …way to go guys!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best wishes

3 Likes

The replacement P12 arrived and functions normally. Thank you Paul and gang at PS Audio. Outstanding service.

And the P12 makes my system sound better! Less grain is the first thing noticed. Blacker/ deeper stage as well.

1 Like