New PMG 512 streamer firmware

Just did mine. worked as designed..it rebooted itself and about 1-2 min later Roon saw it. it does take a few min for everything to settle in..if you get impatient and reboot that starts over.

It works now!

Called PS Tech Support and Taylor walked me through how to update the streamer firmware again. I did this a couple days ago after 2.8.2 but forgot that I had to go to the system menu to update the streamer firmware even after updating the DAC to 2.9.3. I was able to play Spotify lossless from my iphone and my laptop. Only curious thing is that now the Spotify icon for the PMG 512 looks like an ipod same as the iphone icon. Before when it didn’t work the icon on Spotify looked like an amp or DAC. But it works so who cares about the icon and I shutdown Spotify on my iphone before I tested it from my laptop. So I know it’s running over wifi and not iphone Airplay.

Congrats and happy listening!

I’ve overlooked the new dac FW (2.9.3) and did that update. Following your example, I also updated the streamer FW (one more time) and a few power cycles.
Well, there’s music:

  • Through Roon in full high res, but in Spotify still no higher than Very high… I really don’t know what properties to change to get that to work.
  • Switching between Roon and Spotify goes easily, but Qobuz won’t connect… Edit: a day later, Qobuz easily connects (I hope it now stays that way). :slightly_smiling_face:

This might have been the first update where I didn’t have to re-enable the streamer in Roon. Glad that the bugs are getting worked out!

Well, I spoke too soon. First off it seems that if I don’t use the streamer for a while, I need to cycle the power off and on in order to see the streamer with Spotify. But just like you, I am not able to get the full lossless audio out of the PMG 512. It says that I’m getting very good like you are. When I use Apple AirPlay, it says that I’m getting lossless, audio quality. But when I dig in to the menu, it states that that is 16/44. it does say that it can be up to 24/44. So I don’t know if the lower resolution is because the audio file I’m selecting is not available as 24/44 or if that’s all I can get out of Apple Airplay.looks like we need more firmware updates. I think I really need to learn more about how Spotify posts files and the resolutions and which versions they are from an audiophile quality perspective.

You may check Spotify by switching to your phone and see at what resolution that’s casted: likely high res. What Spotify doesn’t show is the actual resolution per file played. At least, as far as I see.

New version 3.0.10 . Dunno what it does, but probably minor fixes given previous version from 1/12/26 was 3.0.9 . No new DAC firmware posted.

— Chris

No, it’s the streamer firmware rather than the DAC firmware (confusing, eh?), so you have to get it via the porthole display on the DAC:

   System->Streamer FW

— Chris

Once again, It would be good if PSAudio announce new firmware releases and what issues they address.

When I check it says i am on latest. I have 3.0.9 Weird. Did they pull it.

Got the same result when I attempting to update the new streamer firmware at 3am this morning. When trying it a second time right afterwards, got a spinning disc as it was checking for new firmware.

Attempted and succeeded in downloading 3.0.10 at about 11:30am. It working great thru Roon. Hopefully it will work for you now :grinning_face:

I also got the infinite spin on each of a couple of days prior to the new release. I assumed the server was borked and would be fixed shortly, but it took until yesterday when I got the “new firmware is available” message.

If I recall correctly, the previous 3.0.9 release was dropped concurrently with the latest DAC firmware and release notes, so I kind of expected the same this time. So far, though, the DAC firmware is still listed as the 1/12/26 2.9.3 version.

— Chris

Tried again and it worked…really fast. But my green light is flashing. It works fine, just light flashing. Going to leave it on for a bit see if it goes.

Anyone else green light flashing? It supposed to be steady. flashing usually means updating.

I updated last night, and just turned PMG512 on. The green light is steady, and streamer shows 3.0.10 is the latest version. I am not sure what the new version does, but I do not want to reboot to find out if the streamer will stay or not. Maybe over the weekend.

Hopefully the update fixes your issues Donald. I tried several times to update last night but says i have the latest update 3.0.9 but it dosn’t. I will try again Tonight. :slightly_smiling_face:

The update for me was straight forward, and I was hoping they addressed the streamer disappearing act on mine in this update. But no luck.

I turned it on over an hour ago, then had a nice morning walk. PMG streamer disappeared as usual. This time I will wait until later to turn off and on the streamer from display because I know anytime sooner is useless.

Delia said they could not figure out why the white light showed up because it usually starts with red then turning into white (something likes that). Also because mine does not do it constantly, they are not sure they can produce the same issue in their lab.

Sounds like a replacement may be the next step, I will follow up on that.

At this point i hope they send you a new replacement..

My flashing green went to steady, but then the DAC disappeared from roon. Disable and re-enabled the streamer .. fixed it. but yeah something clearly did not restart itseft correctly.

My DAC said 3.0.9 was the latest today. On second try it loaded 3.0.10. Maybe it’s the way I asked the second time.

How long did it take? Mine just says checking for new firmware and the wheel just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. It states it has a strong signal.