New Power Cable Question, iFi Power Cable

Just ordered a couple of the iFi SupaNova Power Cables based on some very positive feedback I’ve received from other users.

I intend to try these with my Pass Labs 260.8 mono blocks. The question is, do I continue to power these amps through my P15 Power Plant, or will this negate the benefits of the PP and I’m I better off powering the amps from the wall and freeing up some space on the PP for other components that could benefit?

From the website:

The SupaNova adds a cylindrical housing partway down its length. This contains our proprietary Active Noise Cancellation II technology.

ANC I I actively eliminates far more noise across the frequency range than a passive product, even across the lower frequencies. We use inverse noise current to cancel out the noise in the mains signal.

2 Likes

I’ve had these power cords. Seemed pretty nice, build-wise, etc., but I didn’t keep them after they failed to fix a very specific problem. Went straight to the wall and never played with power plant. Seems like amps and subs are the first out when it comes to power plants.

Hey hubbman…

While I don’t have those cables…or the Pass Labs 260.8…
I do have a Parasound JC5 with first 12 watts Class A/channel
then on to 400 watts Class AB/channel Having tried powering it
up via my P15 then straight to wall…didn’t like strait to wall
and went plugged back into to my P15…

The JC5 draws enough power up inrush at times for the P15 to
auto protect and shut down. Pressing the on button on the remote
gets the P15 up instantly…

As for me I’m not sold on power cables that have active power conditioning
built into them…my .0002

Not sure if these cable would be compatible with power plants like ours,
and may defeat the purpose …

The best thing is to try both ways…my .0002

Best wishes

The best advice I’ve heard regarding power cables and pass gear is from RonP. Pass gear only responds to really good power cables. I believe RonP.

3 Likes

Check is in the mail.
btw, still waiting to hear what you hear with the Typhon…

1 Like

I’m sold on shunyata. More energy in the system. It’s impossible for me to ascribe all the changes I’ve made (mkii, rel subs, typhon) to any one thing….but there’s some magic in the shunyata power conditioners…or, as always a disclaimer, it could be the weed and whiskey.

3 Likes