New PS Audio speakers?

I am guessing you mean Stellar? Yes, they will likely be similar.

Thanks, Paul

Sorry for the mistake on the Stellars name. In fact, I am considering a pair of Stellar m700’s to power my woofers. This would match up with the BHK 300’s I bought last week for the top end above 1200 Hz?

Regards,

John

No worries, just making sure we’re talking about the same thing. Yes, they would be a great match!

OK, I meant the M700’s would handle below 120 Hz. Overkill?

I assumed you mean 120Hz for your woofers. Yes, they will work and match with the BHKs just fine and they are not overkill. No such thing as overkill. In fact, read tomorrow’s post which, interestingly enough, is on that very subject.

Great minds!

My present bass amp is a 40 y/o Electron Kinetics Eagle 7a. I had always thought that bipolar output devices were better for bass, but I guess it’s time to rethink that. Besides, I can’t lift the Eagle amps any more.

Wow :astonished:

Way, way prettier than the first animations in my opinion! Now we’re heading the right way.

Similar designed AN3 for $ 6k, 7k or even 8k? Count me in. Without a doubt.

Paul - There are still a few questions before I can consider pulling the trigger on the AN2, namely: Will you continue the policy for ‘early adopters? 2j Will someone in your staff help set up? How would shipping ‘trade ins’ work?..and finally, can I use my present amp to power them or do they necessarily have to be BHK or Stellars? Please advise. Manny

Mwalker2, I think you may be getting ahead of PS Audio a bit. Last time Paul mentioned when the new speakers would be available it was first quarter 2019, and he was a little hesitant at that. I would plan on them being available no sooner than March, maybe later. I would let them finalize the design and make a few prototypes before asking about trade-ins and “early adopters”. If you, or anyone else, is really interested in these speakers I would keep April 12-14 open. Why? That’s when AXPONA is and would be a likely first public demonstration of one or more of the AN series speakers will be. Unlike electronics, I would highly recommend you hear this speaker, or any other speaker, before committing to it.

With respect to the amplification, they will certainly be voiced with BHK components, but will certainly be usable with other manufacturers equipment.