New Sprout100 owner - matching speakers?

To my knowledge Paul doesn’t have any hands on time with their non-electrostatic speakers. I would bet good money his opinion would be different - heck, we opted for an AMT in the AN speaker line, so clearly AMTs are up Paul’s alley.

I think it was the Focals that made the system bright. One of the reasons they pair well with a 12wpc tube amp with EL 34’s

I love the sprout with the KEF’s

Any update on the Sprout Speakers? My Advents are still wonderful, but if I want to get the most from the Sprout100, I am sure the properly matched transducers will be a good upgrade.

Running mine with some Dynaudio Excite 14’s - Stereophile paired them up together just after I had got them.

Seems to be a great pairing and it’s not short in the bass department.

I’m currently running my Sprout with these DIY Speedsters. The speakers are awesome, and pair nicely with the Sprout. I think the speaker build is around $2-300 for parts. The design is by Paul Carmody, and he posts really good instructions on his website here. I especially like the Sprout by the computer because of the built in DAC.

@nilsed it’s been a few years, what did you end up going with? Pics?!

2 Likes

Yeah, Sprout is great for that set up. I have mine on my den desk with a pair of Martin Logan 35XT’s and a ML sub. Really fabulous set up, esp in near-field arrangements like these.
Those are cool speakers, I bet they sound great. Are those AMT tweeters?

@stonefree1911 Fountek NeoCD1.0, $50 ea from parts-express. They look slightly different because I got them from a friend’s weird speaker stash, but they’re the Fountek’s. When I first heard them … omg the detail. Tweeters are SO important.

2 Likes

My best Sprout pairing has been the KEF R300

did anyone compare Sprout100 + KEF LS50 with LS50 wireless? or maybe Strata + KEF LS50 with LS50 wireless?