NuWave Phono Converter

cool

My home automation is Insteon/ELK [www.smarthome.com] and more and more I use an I-app for lights, security, hvac and sprinklers.

Now if it can just turn on my sprinklers with the 1812 overture I could feel like I’ at the Bellagio in Vegas. :smiley:

cool
My home automation is Insteon/ELK [www.smarthome.com] and more and more I use an I-app for lights, security, hvac and sprinklers.
Now if it can turn on my sprinklers with the 1812 overture I could feel like I' at the Bellagio in Vegas. :D

If you look under Lighting, you will see that Roomie supports multiple Insteon devices. It also supports the new Phillips Hue http://www.meethue.com/en-US

cool.

The HUE introduction video is cute.

OK Paul

Give me a budget to make some PSA “how to” videos!

I think IP control on the bulb itself is a killer.

The coolest thing is that it is not only supporting on/off and dim functions but the whole color spectrum as well. They have also entered into a cooperation with Apple.

Those lights are really cool - I looked around briefly on the site but couldn’t see how bright they are.

Those lights are really cool - I looked around briefly on the site but couldn't see how bright they are.

600 Lumen, which corresponds to 40 - 60W

That’s quite good. Very cool product.

Sorry for the OT, I usually get carried away sometimes.

Not at all. I was also intrigued when I first came across the Hue. And we were discussing remote controls.

Not at all. I was also intrigued when I first came across the Hue. And we were discussing remote controls.

Yes, I have been following this technology for a while now, and the Hue seems pretty matured.
I think they are ready when launched to market, however many customers sits on the fence which is normal when introducing a new technology.
So, instead of wifi streaming on the next PWD, here is a glimpse of the new era:
http://www.ted.com/talks/harald_haas_wireless_data_from_every_light_bulb.html

Hello Paul,

I like to ask if your Nuwave phono would be able to accept low output MC cartridges generating 0.3 mV ?

I have already tried your GCPH but 0.3 mV is not enough.

Are the physical dimension the same as the PWD line ?

Is there an upgrade road as with the PWD ?

Thank you again,

Terry

My guess is that it will have enough gain for a LO MC cartridge.

As for the case and form factor, from the name and pics of the back end it is in the same case as the NuWave DAC. The size is fine but my concern here is associating the NuWave series as a lower end (for PS Audio) or entry level product as the NuWave DAC is presented. This is a bit of a disconnect NuWave Phono Converter is a PerfectWave level product in terms of audio performance.

J.P.

I am officially announcing the NuWave Phono Converter today. The NPC is born.

We're not sure how to classify this yet because it's somewhat of a new category of products: a phono stage and a multi-input A/D converter all in one box.

More to follow as we progress. Launch date August 2013. Price $1995.

Paul,

I just read about your new Analog Converter now and will relay it to the chairman of our local Audiophile Society BAAS Analog Committee here in California.

Bob

Paul,

I agree with J.P. Nu Wave is entry level, Perfect Wave is your best. So it should be the Perfect Wave Phono Converter in a full size box. That is unless there are two Phono Converters in the works, with a Perfect Wave Phono Converter to follow?

Steven

B-)

OR

a PWD MKIII with Phono inputs?

@terryakhan Yes it has nearly 10dB more gain than the GCPH so it can handle lower output cartridges. It is housed in the NuWave half chassis. We’re not planning anything in the PerfectWave chassis - doing so would increase the price by another $1000 and not provide much benefit unless we wanted to add more I/O’s or a better power supply - but the NPC already has a giant power supply.

Hi Paul,

I still think it should be PerfectWave and NuWave should be entry level whether in a half size or full size box. It just seems things should be consistent. But if theses features were all included in the PWD III eventually that could work as well!

Steven B-)

The PW-DCC PerfectWave Digital Command Center.

J.P.

I don’t much care what they call it or what size box they put it in. I just want to get my hot little hands on one.

:slight_smile: