I have recently acquired a P3 from a fellow forum friend and I own two PerfectWave Power Bases.
I plan to try various configurations, so please hold the “try it and see what sounds best” responses to my post/question, which is:
From a theoretical perspective or in light of your personal experience, what should yield the “best” results with source equipment (DMP, DS Sr., Magnum Dynalab FM tuner, PlayStation and DirectTV boxes) plugged into the PS 3 and/or the PowerBases? I am not planing on powering any amplifiers with the unit given its relatively modest power rating.
Iteration examples I am looking for insight and opinions about include:
- PS 3 straight to wall or into a PowerBase?
- DS Sr. or DMP straight to PS 3 or into a PowerBase plugged into the PS 3?
- If having the PowerBases in the signal chain is a good idea, which sources should get priority use of the four available PB outlets?
- Generally speaking, will the Magnum Dynalab, PlayStation and DirectTV sources benefit from the Power/Base outlets or best to just plug them straight into the P3?
- Optimized use of power cables?*
*Keep in mind that I have one 2M AC-12 and an 12"(?) AC-12 available for use in the configuration as well as one 2M AC-5 and a 4’ Iconoclast BAV power cable.
The only configuration factor that is a given is that I plan to place the DMP and the DS Sr. on the PowerBases, whether or not they are plugged into them.
Thanks in advance for chiming in.