Order of candidate components for fuse upgrade

My sense is that one would make the first fuse upgrade to the Power Plant.

After that, is the order amp, preamp, source?

1 Like

I’ll go with source then Dac.

1 Like

Power plant
DAC
Streamer
Preamp
Amp
Subwoofer
Phono Preamp if external would be a near tie with the DAC if you listen to a lot of vinyl.

I’d be interested in a report from someone who chose amplifer(s) first.

2 Likes

Agree - i always do Power plant and DAC first then amps as its those first two are the best improvements across my system - I must admit i was surprised when i went purple on a Rel sub-woofer recently.

I used to think the same similar path for power cords
power plant
DAC / Streamers
AMPS
subwoofers
but recently playing has me thinking this may not be the case in my system new cords on the amp are greater benefit than anywhere else - may need another one to drill into this…

1 Like

Interested to hear what someone who has added a upmarket fuse,( I presume SR Purple at least), to their subwoofer. I haven’t gone down that road and someone’s experience in doing this may sway my mind.
I have half decent, older SR fuses or HiFi Tuning Supremes in my two subs.

2 Likes

Power Plant first because what affects it, also affects everything plugged into it.
Then line stage preamp for same reason.
Then the order is insignificant in my opinion.

1 Like

I’ve ordered an SR-Purple for the P12. We’ll see how that goes before buying any more.

1 Like

@sheridd2 I went purple in my Rel 812 I had been using an older Hifi tuning fuse that i had from something previously - i really didn’t think the fuse would make a difference but when Synergistic had the 3 for 2 deal I thought why not and the resell value on the Syn fuses in Australia meant I wouldn’t loose out.

I must admit I was surprised - after the standard running in period which was just leave the sub powered on for a few days. The Depth of bass was lower and cleaner and when I mean cleaner it was more clearly defined not as muddy.

There is one track i have always used for music / sub test it a male vocal - Irish artist not main stream (Kieran Goss) but there is a part of the song where the blend from his vocal, guitar and the bass just is perfect test to hear the overall system blend with the sub the fuse change on this track went lower but what it allowed me to do more accurately dial in the sub to the speakers.

I certainty recommend the change over just for this alone. tick for me fuse upgrade was worth it

1 Like

Which Kieran Goss album which track, I am anxious to play it. Thank you

ha see what i did there … (its called a teaser)

Kieran Goss - Red-letter day - the track is Our love endures - but to be honest there is a number of track on the album that just are clean / not heavy to hear the sub speaker relationship

2 Likes