P10 Display Cycling

One of my P10 power units display and power button light has started to cycle on and off. Interestingly, the unit otherwise continues to function normally. This morning, after letting it sit overnight without power, things booted up normally and all seemed ok for awhile, but within an hour it started to cycle again. I’ve tried the only thing I could do, which is to reload the firmware, to no avail.

On a side note (might be related) the power button does nothing. I can only control the power via the remote.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue?

Hmm, I wonder if it’s a sticky power button? If you power it off with the rear switch, has it ever automatically gone to the screen calibration? This would happen if the logo button is stuck as if it’s being pressed.

Yes, it does intermittently go into screen calibration mode. Not on every startup, but enough. I do believe you are on to something.

Since I have two P10’s I was able to test this on the second P10. By holding down the power button, it did go into screen calibration. By continuing to hold down the button (as if it were stuck) it also started to cycle on and off.

I then checked the problem unit and the button does not feel like it’s getting stuck. I’m now leaning toward the power button or the circuit from it is defective. Remember the power button doesn’t work no matter what state the P10 is in.

Gotcha, I’m almost certain it’s a bad button or button board based off what you’re describing. I’m not too certain how our tech guys handle this type of repair as it seems swapping out the button board, if that’s it, is usually quite easy. Shoot them an email at service@psaudio.com and they have some options for you.

1 Like

Thanks James, I’ll shoot them a message once I get time this week. As for replacing something such as a switch or board is easy. Even if soldered. Repairing that sort of stuff is right down my alley at work.

Nice! Yes I don’t believe there is any soldering needed to swap out the button board. Once the top it off, it’s a super easy replacement.

1 Like

Wondering if the service dept is really busy. Sent them an email on Wednesday and still no reply.

They’ve had one of their team members out a few days this week so that likely isn’t helping. You can send an email to me and I’ll make sure to get it over to the team. jamesh@psaudio.com

If they’re running a little behind due to someone being out, that’s fine. As long as they get to me, I have patience. If, a little later, it starts to look like they have forgotten about me, I’ll let you know.

Thank you for all your help!

Awesome, sounds great. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you haven’t heard from them by the end of the day tomorrow.

Hey James, Looks like they didn’t see my email. I had sooo much going on last week I never had the chance to try again. Think you can pass along a message to the service dept for me? My email had a link to this thread, but I guess they never looked. I sent a followup email tonight, so hopefully they respond.

No problem. I just sent them a quick note to keep an eye out for your email.

1 Like

Just a quick reply to confirm the problem was in fact a faulty power switch. They were finally able to locate a new switch and sent it to me. Tonight I was able to very easily replace the power switch myself and now everything is working perfectly.

A huge thank you to James and Morris for all your help. Your trouble shooting and customer service were wonderful!

2 Likes

Nice, glad to hear it was a relatively easy fix!