P10 no longer turns on

Congratulations and thanks to your friend for lending a helping hand. In your estimate, what could have caused contacts and a few screws to go loose?

I find that strange too! Probably something was on edge waiting to happen and it conincided with turning the the P15 off! I hope it turns out to be something small, easy and quick!

1 Like

No, I (ALWAYS) turn my P15 off first with the remote and after that I use the main power switch on the back of my P15.

The technician said he had to tighten all the screws inside the P10. She speculated that the cause could be shipping or transportation. I bought the P10 at least 5 years ago, but since I installed it I have never had any problems, until I recently moved it.

Screws excite by electricity at 60 Hz will loosen over time as will material creep. Most solids are liquid under temperature and pressure. When i put in dedicated 20 amp lines for audio I tightened every other terminal in the fuse box based on advice I read. Everything seemed finger tightened. I also went back two weeks later based on same advice and installs I just made had all loosened.

3 Likes

Hi Vmax, thank you for your contribution.
In fact, yours would seem to be the only possible explanation.

2 Likes

I have had similar experiences. It is eerie.

2 Likes

Thank you @Vmax As a precaution, Sounds like one must organise / schedule annual checkups for power regenerators and linear power supplies.

1 Like

Yes the Transformer in @aangen P-20 sounds like it is loose develops a hum with his big amps plugged in. I actually saw cleaner power on my P-20 after I tightened the breakers, bus bars and screw connections along with main power coming in from the meter to my main supply. I was getting three to six turns everywhere until all were real snug

Are you suggesting that a Jedi or Sith is involved?

Hi everybody…after not even 2 months my P10 is again faulty: no signs of life, display turned off, and no current in the sockets after I turn on the rear switch (you only hear a few weak “clicks” inside the device). So the previous intervention of the technician who had tightened screws and connectors was not at all decisive, as the P10 again presents the same problems…

I’m sorry for you.

1 Like

Thank you…and you? Have you solved?

My P15 work as good as they say it should work but I still want it to bee more quiet.

1 Like

I’m happy for you, if it’s working well it’s already a great thing, mine doesn’t work in any way. Please, would it be possible to know what the problem was? Thanks!

The problem I had was that it burned fuses for no reason, and my knowledge, so I thought there was a big fault with my P15, but it wasn’t.
It just had burned another fuse for me, without my knowledge, so when the place who checked it up changed fuse in it again it worked.

Thank you, I’m glad you solved it

1 Like