That’s even better…congrats!!
I find fascinating how cables of all types often need to settle again after they are moved.
I cannot say it’s a “rule of thumb” but, yeah, some cables need more or less time (to relax?) and give their best.
Hey Elk…would you happen to know why this is…I have wondered
about that.
The explanation I have heard a number of times is the conductors’ and dielectric’s interaction with their surroundings need to settle again.
I do not know if this is true, but I have heard my system settle in again after moving cables around.
Thanks Elk…it seems I have read the same…but wasn’t sure if a “second round of burn in”
was a necessity in the case of cables that had been out use for a time …
Not having moved cables too many times the situation you described is one that
fortunately I have not had to work with…
Thanks again Elk
I hope others chime in with their experiences and knowledge.
I doubt I am the only one who has had this experience, real or imagined. 
No, Elk, you aren’t. I switch around and out power cords from time to time. While you have a pretty good idea of what’s what from the get-go there is to my ears a settling in period until you have a fuller idea of what the change entails.
On a somewhat related theme, I have a Cable Cooker that I use to accelerate burn-in on new cables and cords and I’ve found the same to be true. This applies to “re-cooking” previously cooked/broken in cords as well.
Thanks!
It still seems a bit nutty to me. But better wires also appeared nutty until I heard them for myself.
Maybe it’s thermal equilibrium?
No Elk…it is not your imagination or imaginations…
It is real!!
Silver cables specifically need about 24 hours after moving to sound their best in my experience, no idea why, I can’t believe it’s due to microphony
Weigh them. The 2m AC-12 weighs about 3 lbs 5-8 oz. The fakes come in at about 2 lbs 8-12 oz. The weave and wrapping cross line spread are different too. I’ve posted photos of real and fake, plus a real 1m one, at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqsCKHVTj0ydplNzthwPk91atzYu?e=XYFXIU. Adjust for the associated empty box weight (CA & TX refer to seller’s states)
So cocobean how are Pangea AC 9SE MkII power cables
performing for you?
hey david, they sound good. I am happy with them. I did manage to buy very short runs, which has made it a bit challenging. I couldn’t pass up the deal on 2x cords, knowing they were too short. I do hope at some point to upgrade, may be buy a AQ Thunder or Shunyata, just waiting on a deal to pop up on the resale markets.
I recently took the leap on a Pangea AC 9SE MKII based on cocobean’s recommendation and have been happy with the performance. These cables are super thick and inflexible though so consider a slightly longer length than normal to route it to where you need it to go.
Thanks for your update…good to hear…
Which positions are you using them on…?
i got the rec from @davida and others who have used them in the past, so can not take credit.
BHK pre to P15
P15 to Wall
BHK250 (stock)
PS DAC (ac12)
Still playing around with positions.
True the AC9SE MkIIs are actually 7 gauge very thick and heavy…
I had to buy extra length to facilitate larger diameter curves to get around corners;
However the AC14SE MkIIs are smaller diameter and are really
meant to be used with source equipment