P20 freezing up again?

@Brodric - it is all about swim lanes… I love PSA equipment because it sounds amazing for the money. Now when my wife’s $10M trust fund goes active… this set up is for the condo on the golf course and I start over… Guess where I will be starting the power from… In addition the new house I will build will have a serious music room with great acoustics unlike the one I am in now. I love my music room… all about swim lanes…

P20 has no competition under $10K, period. Now, you want very serious power… well that will cost you. Also… display issues are inconveniences to me… I welcome them instead of paying $15K for all the V&V needed to get perfect…

Understood. Sounds like something to look forward to. But, if I was the swim coach, any injured swimmers wouldn’t be getting in the pool.

OK, I have very little empathy… not built that way… discussions are cute… research very important. Also, I had a coaching business teaching swimming… :swimming_woman::swimming_man:‍♂ I have owned PSA equipment for almost a year and very, very pleased… however, if I bought the DMP in 2017, would have wanted someone’s head on a stick…

I have Nordost Valhalla 2 XLRs for DSD and PRE w/ Tier 2 speaker cables and Valhalla 2 HDMI and absolutely thrilled… However my next rig I will then A/B the Nordost against SR interconnects. In addition the next room will be 23ft X 16ft X 10ft with serious wall treatments… so my next speakers will be serious full range w/ REL reference 25 subs. I love my SF Evolutions w/ REL S3 subs…

I love every decision I have made to date, yet I understand amazing from my system and I am super content. Never build a system that exceeds the room that houses the system, then you are just collecting stuff that could sound better and the components will just get frustrated…:confounded:

Rule 1: it is all about the room acoustics… then work backwards starting from speakers…

1 Like

Exactly, turn the darn thing off, just ignore the futile shit… I agree… The main and only reason I bought the damn thing for is still functioning perfectly so why bother…! But I’ll keep my stick close, in case I want some head… LOL
P.S. 1 It’s so convenient to be Dutch and therefor ignorant, just to be able to make rude humor…
P.S. 2 That was humorous… Was it…?
P.S. 3 No switching, since I disabled all that functionality. I always keep my stuff on.

Listen carefully @Brodric, cause I am going to say this only once…

The P20 is a wonderful piece of equipment that I myself, had I produced it, would sell for double the price but without the display…

Yeah, I know. The thing is, the only person in my area that I know of who bought one, it broke down twice already, and he’s now gotten rid of it. Which was part of the reason for me deciding not to buy one. I’m very pleased to read you got one that works, and you’re very happy with it.

1 Like

Well, most of it works anyway… :thinking:

Can you email me directly paul@psaudio.com ? We have new firmware that fixes this. We’re getting ready to launch the firmware but would love a few people with the problem to try it and report back.

1 Like

Thanks Paul

Ron - all good… Paul is going to help us out and as I mentioned, I love my P20; however, good to gather information. They will also get the data collection up and running this summer. PSA has a lot on their plate this year.

1 Like

@ronaldwanders - Just email chatted w/ @Paul. Firmware on its way. Please open a thread on P20 Beta testing w/ version number… We’ll start putting the P20 through its paces and report the good/bad… also, this will not be a 10minute or one day activity because it happens infrequently. Also, when I get the firmware, I’m going to plug the Ethernet back in and start from scratch. This will be a month long process due to happening infrequently… Since the powerplay will be re-launched this summer, need to make sure Ethernet is not the ON/OFF preamp zone cycling issue or any part of the contribution.

Thanks Paul

1 Like

Roger Copy…

1 Like

Done that…! :+1:

Ron - Thanks and the thread you create will eventually open up to those with any P20 display issues getting the beta FW helping PSA beta test… to me it won’t be solved till at least a month due to irregularity… in the end we have a stronger P20 and the summer is right around the corner with data collecting. Also, make sure the Ethernet is plugged in…

I will create the thread, don’t know version number yet… You…?

Ron - my assumption is when you get the file, you will then set up the thread so you know the number… not a rush, just you are seeing more display issues than me… take your time… pack a lunch, this will be a while… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok… I have ethernet connected on P20.
Restarted the P20 (toggled main switch on the back)…
P20 pings and web page works.
Wanders ready for action…!

1 Like

Ron - my brother is a captain for Jet Blue…

1 Like

@ronaldwanders - Tom should have sent you the firmware. The version is 1.22 and it loaded easy. Along with the files, came some information. Please create the thread and load the email info and we will start beta testing.

1 Like

Mine also: it started toggling between improvement factor and distortion in, and the needles disappeared.
First time it happened.
I cleaned the screen and it seems ok now.
Weird !