P20 & P15 Regenerator Performance Tweaks and Digital Stream Enhancements, plus BHK Preamp

I started at female end. Started hearing difference at halfway point. Started hearing OMG at 3/4 from female end. Then most focused at male end.

My new absorber sheet arrived today. I will play some more with it. Did the V10 come in three diferent versions?

1 Like

Interesting. The male end is often where the shield is connected to ground.

What clue does that give? More noise?

If the idea is to drain the shield noise to ground, I would think that’s the male end would be the noisiest part of the cable. I have an EMF meter. I will poke at this during the weekend.

All Stealth Dream Series come with 3 (or 4) versions. I have the Power one, and I like AQ Dragon better pairing the P15. I prefer it at DAC in the chain actually; go figure.

A meter? Oh oh what site have you been hanging out at? Be sure you use a strict measurement protocol. If your instrument is 100k plus you might start attracting a peanut gallery. Camera on a tripod for photos. Ensure your dog is in a cage. Don’t sneeze and laser pointer duct taped to forehead with target on wall with RCH less than one and please ensure all is NIST calibration lab certificate on hand. Or trolls my emerge.

2 Likes

They make a universal cable now. They have different shorting plugs between power, digital and analog. I wonder what tis in the male plug that changes with thw pin insertion? Must be some sort of filter.

Just kidding. I am curious if there is some correlation though.

I was going to measure while rubbing wool sock wearing feet on a wool rug. Does that meet the standard?

Oh and there’s no way our dog won’t be involved. He’s 70lbs of curious Airedale.

1 Like

That’s funny $hit. :rofl:

2 Likes

I made two more tuning rings for the common Ground cable Whispers powering my MC1000 mono amps. These too prefer the male end of the cable. Too close to connector it muffles thing @Duncan_Taylor At about 2inches back from the back of connector is perfect. Like the whisper powering my router.

The clarity definition floating highs and dig deep bass. I cut two inch strips. Wrapped tight to cablles and about 21/2 to 3 wraps thick.

You may find these handy for your final version. Painters tape eventually loses adhesion.

I have several lengths of these. A screw through grommet is nice if you want to use them as cable hangers.

6 Inch Cinch Straps with Eyelet - 5 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FV0Z8M/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_C942TVVNHYQDS0TY3YPP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I will try it and the sheet should be here by next week.

1 Like

I tried moving absorber ring back towards the middle of the cable. Lots of mids but flat and lifeless boring boring. Bass doesn’t dig. I need to make some for the other cables. Perhaps the Dragon HC. The absorber on the cable gives the same liveliness ss as on the regenerator. Just takes the depth deeper and more soundstage spatial feedback.

That looks like a hell of an idea. Not pretty but better than two layers of foil.

1 Like

Since I have a media cabinet that’s two shelves high and four bays across, I have horizontal runs of cables. The cabinet has H track on the back. I use machine screws through the grommet to attach the straps. It keeps the cabling neat and tidy and really helps with keeping audio away from power.

1 Like

Well I moved the whisper ab7050HF tuning ring to 1.5 inch like the Stealth Dream. Things started closing in the 2inch is best balance for the whisper. Even tried 1 3/4”. Kind of mind bending I went to the Harry Belafonte Live at Carnegie Hall Saints Go Marching In. The crowd, instruments and Harry’s voice are an easy quick tune. Everything else you play follows. Tune it like you’re in the audience.

3 Likes

If it’s like the power plant mod, even a 1/4” matters. The 1.5” on the V10 didn’t make an obvious change in my system. So, I’m looking forward to trying a larger piece later.

1 Like

Hete is an alternate RF/EMI absorber material source that is extremely broadband. More expensive than 3M. Made by Laird the company which invented technology in WWII to prevent submarine periscope detection from German Ship or Airborne Radar

Bringing you all another killer Regenerator tweak. Regardless if you have a Dragon HC power cord. This tweak should work on any power cord. I know I get animated with my tweaks. But never share unless it is a real deal

Time for a Vmax Dragon HC Power Cord tweak of the week. I previously mentioned in the cable sutra thread how the AB7050HF tuning ring at the Female IEC end improved the stock Dragon power cord to next level hooked ito P-20. The amp and P20 heat and power cord angle and base kept making the tuning ring slip. The painters tape was no help. My P-20 sits on Sorbotane feet. isolators from Thor Labs the connection is quite loose with they PsSaudio stock IEC.

I figured time to kill two birds one stone. I took a cheap rebar chair holder from Lowes I had been using for speaker wire elevators Stacked a Thorlabs isolator on top and preloaded the Dragon Hc female end connector in the IEC directly under the tuning ring Results in Instantaneous solidified images damping the micro vibration of the power cord. Like many of my tweaks not pretty to look at but hey now it is a killer performance improvement This is a cheap extremely winner in immediate sound improvement.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Grip-Rite-3-in-x-4-5-in-x-4-5-in-Polypropylene-Rebar-Chairs/1000428987?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--bdm--ggl--LIA_BDM_210_Concrete-Block--1000428987--local--0-_-0&ds_rl=1286981&gbraid=0AAAAAD2B2W9Sh2ZCY2aMdWvBQ8rBgiLrh&gclid=EAIaIQob

thorlabs.com

Sorbothane Isolators

Thorlabs’ Sorbothane Feet and Sheets offer excellent vibration and acoustic isolation for laboratory needs. Our Sorbothane feet offer internal 1/4-20 (M6) threads or an adhesive surface, which can be used to attach the feet to the bases of test…

Thorlabs is an engineer’s site and provide real isolation data by frequency and preload weight
Depending on your footers under your regenerator you might be able to stack the sorbothane feet using the threaded rod to adjust height.

Not wanting to boast but this is one of my better tweaks. Takes a Audio Magic M-1 Fuse to another level seriously. .

3 Likes