P20 & P15 Regenerator Performance Tweaks and Digital Stream Enhancements, plus BHK Preamp

The more I listen to this tweak the more amazed on how well it works. It is really about killing micro vibration between the power cord and I.EC connector prongs. I tried just the cheap cable elevator without the sorbathane. It was no different. I had some leftover Thorlabs vibration isolators so why not addressdifference between weight of the heavy power cord and my isolated P20 and force the electrical connection to dampen with the cord? It was one of those light bulb moments. There are some cable lifters at six to 10 times the price that do similar.
If you have those your probably ok Inakustik sells some there are less than a handful available of others at more dollars. They all utilize sorbothane. The secret to sorbothane is loading it heavy enough to not be springy. It is a school night and the change left me riveted to the improvement. Just when you think you tweaked to a limit. This hobby never fails to surprise what one can do.

2 Likes

Thanks for the ThorLabs link! I was looking at the sorothane sheets thinking I could refresh the feet on the BHK 300’s with that! A little more cost effective over a set of isoacoustics Orea Bordeaux isolation pucks

Yeah I upgraded mine to a stouter set the next up the line. I use sheets under smaller devices.

Thus had some AV5s available to tweak the power cord.

They are cost effective and send a box full of lab snack goodies with every purchase instead of just charging you 20 bucks for shipping. Lol

The power cord tweak with an extra isolator preloading is truly a keeper!

Comparing my power cord isolator tweak to the Furutech reviews I think the absorber, the bebar chair and sorbothane footer are doing way more for 1/20th the cost.

2 Likes

I use a ceramic cable elevator to support the Dragon HC and I don’t think I heard a difference. But I have a set of Isoacoustic Isopucks in storage that maybe perfect for this application :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes try to get the preload force right in lb for the oreas. Isopucks use sorbothane in a prettier package with shiny metal support it right at the absorber point. Mine is about a twenty lb upward force which provides most damping. It really increases the live music sound. How was that Tomahawk steak on your birthday?

1 Like

I have wine corks propping up several, heavier PCs at the power inlets to my kit.

Various items have been employed between the surface and the corks to get the correct height.

Will post some pictures later if I remember to do so.

You will need sorbothane to get the isolation compliance right. But i may try some corks. It is all about the correct loading usually. I had thor labs send me a excel calculator so I coul customize sheet layers und my little boxes like matrix, UltraRendu, router switch. It all adds up. First time pursuing the power cord isolator support. Seems to be a missing link at regenerator. I’d expect other boxes not to bee as great of a change. But then again the pinnacle I learned is s ever higher target and momentous steps up are possible in the tiniest tweaks since fewbgo after those.

1 Like

The key to a 2 1/2-inch or thicker steak is to start grilling it at low temperature like 250 F, and 10 to 15 minutes per side, and then bring it up to 500 F (make sure to remove the steak from grill first). This is to seal each side for 1 to 2 minutes. You will have the best Tomahawk can compare to the best steak house anywhere. You will need a temperature gauge to make sure the internal temp reaches 120F to 130F (depending on how rare you like) before the final sealing.

3 Likes

It may sound crazy, but I use wine corks to support all my power cables at the equipment side. I used them not necessary for vibration control, but to secure them since most of mine are beefy and heavy.

I even use them to support HDMI and ethernet from music server. I might even hear a slight improvement from these cork tweaks.

3 Likes

Me too…

Not sure about sound improvements, but critical for keeping things “plugged in”.

Regards.

2 Likes

Interesting never thought of grill removal then bringing up to 500. I fixed some Wagyu 3inch Filets last Fridy but seared one side at 550 degrees 6 minute then flipped and turned burners to lowest for last 6 minutes

The reverse grilling method is a great method for thick steak. Because of the lower temperature, the steak maintains its Juice. You should try it next time.

I found some sorbothane feet that can fit under the ceramic elevators perfectly. I will experience them. The Isopucks are too low in my case to work.

Do you and @scotte1 trim the corks for height.

some need to, I place them sideways to support the PC from P15, and HDMI, PC, ethernet from server. Depending on the footers you use for various equipment, you will end up using multiple corks at one spot too.

My DS and PreProcessor need some support help at power plugs. Both are foil covered though

here are my Cork support tweaks :grin:

I am not guarantee there would be SQ improvement, but I think they did help.

4 Likes

I bought this big magnum or fiasco as the Italians say for a work music party before Covid. I bet its huge cork would support a good sized power cord.

3 Likes

Banfi is a leading company in Tuscany, Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino the wines you need to taste, even more the rare Sassicaia. We are talking about pinnacles, as Gryphons or Dragons or P20 or Kings… in an Al’s league so to speak.

As for Furutech NCF booster I used lots of them, both for PCs and Interconnects. Since a few months I took them away from my system. Oh they really make a difference, boost is the correct word to define the sound improvement they can provide, but I prefer a more natural sound, more realistic and less exaggerated. Tweaking a lot with components and booster, I can suggest to keep them only for PC cords in some sources like PST and SPP. P20 and M1200s may result a sound too much altered, I do not like.

2 Likes

Thanks @luca.pelliccioli for the vino advice. The NCF booster’s appear to have lots of rigidity. One review talked of silicone ring. Did you find adding or removing changed sound a lot? The sorbothane power cord effect is very natural fixed some of the soundstage depth changes of the M-1 fuse opening up space and making the background sound images more realistic but still very clear. I am not sure I need to add more besides the P-20. I will get used to it then add another elsewhere and take it away see if my enamored initial response holds.