PerfectWave Directstream DAC + BridgeII

Hello,

I managed to have my PC (Windows 7) play music through the USB connection with my Directstream DAC.

Both with JRiver MediaCenter20 and Foobar.

But, though the files are 24bit 96000Hz or other (not to mention DSD yet), the DAC screen only shows 44.1 - 24 bit…

Or once a 48.2 -24 bit.

What am I doing wrong ?

I suspect that you are being bit by the OS’s resampler: follow the instructions in the How to run a bit perfect test with DirectStream how to.

Hello Ted,

My best wishes…

Looks like this seems to function now.

I played from Foobar and after that, that JRiver showed the correct resolution… even with DSD over USB.

I also found how to get the BridgeII playing: I simply rightclick the file… play with … BridgeII and voilà !

Why it does not function from within JRiver, don’t know yet.

No graphic images yet either…

Thanks for your help and good advice.

About album art:

Make sure you are keeping an SD card in the slot on the back of the DAC. No card, no album art.

magister said About album art:

Make sure you are keeping an SD card in the slot on the back of the DAC. No card, no album art.

Aha, i removed the SD card when I installed the Bridge II because I didn’t want it to reinstall the Yale firmware when I repowered the DSD. That explains why I’m not getting album art. I also don’t get the elapsed time readout. Could it be the same cause? I get the song title and data rate but that’s about it.

I don’t know about the elapsed time question but just a reminder that the old firmware can be deleted or put into a folder on the SD card (firmware updates only read files at the root level).

Right,

Put the SD card into the BridgeII, restarted everything and behold… the graphics appear!

Thanks guys … we are getting there.

ksalno said
magister said About album art:

Aha, i removed the SD card when I installed the Bridge II because I didn’t want it to reinstall the Yale firmware when I repowered the DSD. That explains why I’m not getting album art. I also don’t get the elapsed time readout. Could it be the same cause? I get the song title and data rate but that’s about it.

You just wipe the SD card (no Yale on it) and put it in as empty. Then you don’t risk any loading of new firmware - simple as that.