Perfectwave SACD Transport not connecting to network

The network connectivity is all of a sudden gone. The icon in the top left corner is not appearing when I switch on the transport.

I have ethernet connecter added the first time I set up the transport. And it worked out of the box. I did check whether the player has latest firmware or not (it does have - 2.4.4). Everythin was fine.

But all of a sudden (I did not notice when) now the network logo from the top left corner is gone. I tried (multiple times) factory reboot, changing the cables, total power recycle (router and the transport) by taking the power cable off, changing the switch - but nothing helps.

Even looks like the wifi setup is not working (I did not try wifi before as ethernet connection was working great). It is not showing me the available wifi n/ws - that screen is hanging for ever (showing Searching ā€¦) when it is trying to search for wifi n/ws. I did reboot. But even after that I am not able to connect to n/w using wifi.

My netgear switch is working all fine as my other boxes connected to that switch are connecting to n/w pretty well.

Any idea what is going wrong ?

Regards,
Sourav

@jamesh wondering if u have any suggestion on this issue ?

Regards,
Sourav

Hey @smazumder1972!

Sorry to hear about the problems with that transport; Iā€™ve reported the issue to engineering and am seeing if this is something we can fix with firmware or if itā€™s a hardware issue. Iā€™m hoping for the former.

Be back with you soon!

1 Like

Hi TJ,

Any update on this ?

Regards,
Sourav

Not yet. Itā€™s on engineeringā€™s list; Iā€™ll bug them about it today and let you know what they say.

Hi Sourav,
I have had the same issue in the past. I determined that it was a weak WiFi signal, as my PST is quite a distance from my network hub. Sometimes the network icon would appear in the top left of the display, and sometimes not at all.
This is what I did: 1) physically repositioned the PST, 2) ensured that ā€œWiFi Enableā€ is ā€œONā€ in the Network menu, 3) once it found my network SSID, it received the signal, and connected.
Worth a try!
M.M.

But I am using ethernet. Not wifi.

With Ethernet the ethernet icon should always appear. Is not that right ?

Regards,
Sourav

Hi Sourav,

I never tried connecting via Ethernet, only WiFi.

I was making reference to your remark that ā€œEven looks like the wifi setup is not working (I did not try wifi before as ethernet connection was working great). It is not showing me the available wifi n/ws - that screen is hanging for ever (showing Searching ā€¦)ā€

It hanged on mine too when searching for available WiFi n/ws (Searchingā€¦), so I powered it down with the rear switch for a few minutes and tried again. That helped me eventually connect to WiFi when I powered it up again.

Sorry I canā€™t be of any help with Ethernet.

I hope you can get your issue resolved soon by the engineers.

All the best,

Michael

1 Like

Thanks for clarification @AudioFan

I tried switching the unit off and then putting it on after few minutes number of times without connecting the ethernet. Even in that case I could not make the wifi work. Tried couple of different places. I have ā€˜eeroā€™ wifi router extension in the room. I always tried making WPS off as eero does not support wps.

Neither the ethernet connection works.

Tried resetting to factory setup multiple times. Also tried ā€˜forget wifi networkā€™. Even after those nothing worked.

Funny thing is first time when I connected the unit the ethernet connection worked perfectly. Even I tried to get the latest firmware update and it said the firmware is latest. I also could see the ip address, etc in the Network submenu for the ethernet.

Yes seems like engineers are looking into it. But did not hear from them for almost a week. May be complex issue to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Sourav

Hi TJ,

Would appreciate any update on this.

I have around 1.5 week left in the 1 month period of trying the unit. I need to understand whether the unit is faulty/hw issue.

Regards,
Sourav

@CustomerServiceWizard - I have the same issue. On firmware 2.4.4. Initially my SACD player was connected via wifi. Now it wonā€™t connect. Tried forgetting wifi, however there is no way to see what itā€™s ā€˜forgettingā€™. I can try wired. Wifi icon has a line through it.
Wired works. Wifi, as per other post