Poll: Component colors - One color or mixed?

What do you prefer, your component all the same color or are you fine with mixed colors?

• One color?
  • Mixed colors?

0 voters

Colors are inconsequential if the system sound is right.

2 Likes

In my opinion belt and shoes need to be matched, such as the pocket pochette and the shirt. But you know, I’m Italian…
When I buy a car the most important thing is the pleasure to drive, performances and safety standards, but I never had a car with the hood of a different color. And some system costs as much as a car, so I tend to look at it in the same way.

2 Likes

I think the color issue becomes less distracting as you move up the chain of quality build. A fine silver component next to a fine black component has it’s own harmony.

5 Likes

I totally agree about shoes, belts, shirts, pochette’s, and suiting. It’s an art to get the right mix.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the trace amount of Italian blood coursing through my veins. I prefer black but if one piece has to be silver it all has to be silver.

2 Likes

Can accept your concept just thinking about amps if separated on the front wall and other stuff on the side wall rack, or turntables and speakers.
Strictly tinkling about components on the same rack… ehm… ehm… I need more time and experience to become familiar with it. Anyhow never say never, one day maybe…

1 Like

You can consider this after you buy a headphone rig…In silver perhaps!

1 Like

Ah ah ah, You don’t let go easily, do you?

1 Like

I am like a dog with a bone.

GIF dog bone - animated GIF on GIFER - by Maujin

3 Likes

I wouldn’t buy a car with a different color hood but definitely with a different upholstery color. Mixed colors done tastefully can be aesthetically pleasing.
With the probable upgrade of my amplifiers to a Passlab one in an all black system, I have come to embrace it.

1 Like

The older I get, the more demanding I become about aesthetics. Today availability of a component with a silver faceplate, or not, is a deal breaker. Fortunately, my persnickety obsession with component color hasn’t been a limiting factor in achieving sonic satisfaction. 20 years ago I could have cared less. No explanation per se about why I’ve become so sensitive about aesthetic harmony of my surroundings from my rig to the art I have on my walls. I’ve become very minimalist/modernist in my old age, which is odd since others in my circle have become the opposite. Hmmmmm.

2 Likes

I understand your point and I agree about amplifiers (I confess I’m tempted too by Pass Labs x260.8 - in a not so near future anyhow) if and only they are positioned on the front wall.
While in my personal (obsessive) perspective the upholstery in a car could represent the same pleasant contrast of the rack in a stereo system, where different colors creates a pleasant contrast between shelves and components.

What are we talking about? If a non-audiphile were to read my posts, they might consider me to be suffering from some psychic disorder

1 Like

I 100% agree. And what about symmetry?

I was going to ask the question how about collars and cuffs? But all that shows is how old I am.

nevermind-rosananadana

1 Like

Everything counts.

1 Like

It’s too late on the audiophile front.

1 Like