Power cord to P20 shootout

It is madness. But we sure like experiencing these things vicariously.

Be sure to post your findings!

2 Likes

Madness indeed :man_shrugging:

I was using the WW Platinum Electra 7 to power my P12 and P20 before. It had the most detail and highs to die for of the cables I have tried. It worked very well with the PPā€™s. As I said before, I tried another one with my preamp and my problem with it was it was a bit on the lean side of neutral. I used a Cardas Clear Beyond XL for the preamp instead because it was much fuller and richer with just as much detail. I mix and match to balance my system. I have since moved on to the SR Galileo for the P20 mainly because I wanted a 20amp connector for the P20. The WW had a 15amp connector. The Galileo was twice as expensive but wasnā€™t twice as good. I would have been just as happy with the WW almost and saved the thousands of dollars on the Galileo. But it did fill out some of the lower mids and was richer balanced. I did feel the WW had better upper frequency extension though. Anyway, all three cables worked really well in my system and Iā€™m still using the WW to power my step up transformer for my preamp and it sounds fabulous there.

1 Like

Iā€™m using an Audience Au24 SE HP to my P20 and like it.

2 Likes

The WW Electra power cord was Fremerā€™s reference for a long time, in his Alexandria XLF system first, and then in his Alexx system.

I believe Michael Fremer just got a duo of P20 and P15 for review for next issue of stereophile and his initial response is YES! YES! YES! to the P20 and ā€œIā€™ll have what sheā€™s having!ā€ to the P15.

2 Likes

My shootout is over, the Stealth wins.

3 Likes

Sorry Al. Donā€™t believe you. I need empirical data. Send me the Stealth and Iā€™ll test it out and then report back what your opinion should beā€“as it wereā€“so to speakā€”
(My tests typically run until you give up getting it back.)

1 Like

You know I just might do that. Iā€™ll give you a taste of madness. :grinning:

1 Like

Al, what are the second and third best cords to the P20, in your experience, after the Stealth ?

Actually please donā€™t. My willpower is no better than yours. :grinning:

1 Like

I just got the trial Sigma XC v2 :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Ah ,you get to hear all the cool stuff.Wish we had a dealer here with all that nice stuff,but noā€¦ ( jealous )
Is it the holy grail? :drooling_face:

1 Like

It sounds good right out of the box, on a CD spinning in the PST :sunglasses:.
I wonā€™t do any critical listening until itā€™s properly broken in, however.

If you like it we will have to search Youtube for an internet GENIUS who hates it. LOL

1 Like

I hate it already :boom::joy:

1 Like

It was a close contest, but I am keeping the ww platinum Electra 7 and returning the shunyata sigma xc v2.

2 Likes

I love this sort of discussion, being a gearhead.
I swapped a Shunyata Alpha NR for an Audience AU SE-i with a friend.
Strangely, the Audience sounds excellent powering my preamp; a real upgrade. But it doesnā€™t distinguish itself on any other component in my system. Go figure.

2 Likes

Itā€™s very system dependent, I guess.
In my system, the wireworld sounded more live, i.e. more 3D, transparent, airy etc., than the slightly more expensive shunyata.
It also sounded better than the much more expensive AQ Dragon HC. AQ doesnā€™t fit well in my system, it sounds warm but sort of veiled in my experience. YMMV.

2 Likes

Did you try those cords anywhere else than with P20? Dragon to amps,Shunyata to dac or pre etc.

Or were you just interested to get best cord for your P20 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like