Problem with my new P5!

Help! I have a problem with my new P5: display jumps from home to other screen even if I don’t touch anything, and the worst thing is that it starts to turn on and turn off back door number 4. I heard the n°4 back door inside relais working and the icon on the front panel changes color quickly (red/green/red/green). I tried change hi-fi component plugged in 4 door, but the problem is still the same. I just made reset and done upgrade to .39 software, without success.

gilax said Help! I have a problem with my new P5: display jumps from home to other screen even if I don't touch anything, and the worst thing is that it starts to turn on and turn off back door number 4. I heard the n°4 back door inside relais working and the icon on the front panel changes color quickly (red/green/red/green). I tried change hi-fi component plugged in 4 door, but the problem is still the same. I just made reset and done upgrade to .39 software, without success.
I sounds like you have a defective display board. Contact alexp@psaudio.com

Dennis

Thank you Dennis. It’s very strange because it seems that my P5 works not correctly only when it is cold and probably when front display is off. I mean, yesterday night I tried to leave it plugged on AC (usually I prefer to turn off from the rear panel). Immediately after I plugged on AC it started to go crazy, but after few minutes and turning off front panel, it worked well.

Need I to leave it always plugged on AC?

gilax said Thank you Dennis. It's very strange because it seems that my P5 works not correctly only when it is cold and probably when front display is off. I mean, yesterday night I tried to leave it plugged on AC (usually I prefer to turn off from the rear panel). Immediately after I plugged on AC it started to go crazy, but after few minutes and turning off front panel, it worked well.

Need I to leave it always plugged on AC?

I would try that for a while.

Dennis

+1. It is generally recommended to leave Power Plants powered up, although you can turn off switched outlets to turn off your components. Power Plants are solid state amplifiers and most solid state equipment sounds best if left powered up or in standby if that’s an option.