Prog Rock fans

Pikpen! Thanks for the recommendation. This is pretty awesome!

In case Steven Wilson et al. is of interest, hereā€™s a link to the ā€œInsurgentesā€ album documentary (2008-2009).

1 Like

Iā€™m making a Steven Wilson Christmas. I found good deals on Hand Cannot Erase, 4 1/2 and To The Bone (already have Raven). I absolutely love the 5.1 surround.

1 Like

I was at the live show in Mexico which is on the DVD!

Porcupine Treeā€™s concert @DC was wonderful, music and musicianship (especially Gavin Harrison). Surprisingly and disappointingly so, given Wilsonā€™s engineering capabilities and aesthetics, the sound was deafening - Painfully loud (my ears rang for several days after) and overly-bloated bass.
Overall, not to be missed, if you get the opportunity (still several appearances scheduled in Europe). In case a live concert isnā€™t feasible, reportedly the Amsterdamā€™s concert was recorded, and will be released on a Blu-ray.

2 Likes

Franck kinda looks like Alice Cooper and Bobcat Goldthwait had a child togetherā€¦ :laughing:

3 Likes

To be released on March 2023:

3 Likes

One of my favorite PT records. They will probably get my money on this onešŸ˜©

Has the CD and Blu-Ray already been released prior to this? That is really all I would like.

The Confidence Trick - Hats off gentleman its adequate.

Interesting new album

I like it! Never heard of them. I quite like the instrumental tracks. Great bass & drum mix - especially that snare sound.
If you like this you might like MCC (Magna Carta Cartel). Somewhat simpler arrangements than Confidence Trick but rather rhythmic & catchy.

2 Likes

Thanks.

There are some albums that are pure magic on my system/ears.

5:06 from Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking sounds perfect on my system. Looking for other tracks where I get that extra magic.

A CD (and I think a DVD-A) were previously released. I think theyā€™re unavailable as new anymore, but you can locate used copies (e.g., Discogs.com).

Also, you can find the digital download via KScope @Bandcamp:

Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne.
The only thing better than a great melody is provocative and cutting lyrics.

And a subwoofer test. Starts in the feet and rolls right up the spine ending with a scalp tingleā€¦
And MORE cutting lyrics

And a track that SHOULD have been chosen as the last Bond themeā€¦

1 Like

Progressive/Punk - King Buffalo.

VERY generous, currently allowing the download of their repertoire, via Bandcamp:

The keyboardist for Riverside. Very cool album

2 Likes

Oooh, I shalt check that - love Riverside & Lunatic Soul!
Thanks!

1 Like