Prog Rock fans

Yes, its a fantastic album. I have listened to it many times on my headphones as I’m putting back together my system.

Yesterday had a particularly long session with @Paul Stereo book and went over my (soon to be retired - woofers for the Beta’s are on the way back from Watkins!) speaker’s setup again. Using some of Octave’s superb recordings I fell in love with the sound again. Progressed through my “reference” tracks and then to close played Marillion.

What a disappointment :frowning: couldn’t get through one track. It sounds horrible. Wish Octave would do a DSD remastered version :wink:

Free live prog rock download from Stick Men (Tony Levin, Markus Reuter and Pat Mastelotto), in 24-bit, 48kHz lossless FLAC, no less, including a radical version of King Crimson’s “Red”:

1 Like

I am dumbfounded by the amount of prog talent that comes from Poland.

1 Like

A great tune with echoes of the schoolhouse rock tune Little Twelve Toes, a great prog song and yes, it is really about sperm…

Delightful

Man, I could enjoy that collection for hours!!

Just picked up the Japanese digital of Moving Pictures 40th. I did not buy it thinking it was any better. Just different. For fun. I’ve streamed it enough with Qobuz, and 2/3s of the artists are alive. I bought the 40th collection for the great live stuff that surfaced with the release. My brother recently gifted my original Ludwig vinyl, and I have the cd I grew up with. It’s not even close to my favorite Rush album. Hahaha

1 Like

I have probably posted this before. I like Marillion’s latest “Am Hour Before Its Dark” but I find the recording lacking.

I tried listening to that marillion cd again tonight……could not get into it.
So I switched to Bjorn Riis, “A Fleeting Glimpse”…ahhhh, much better… for me. :grinning:

1 Like

I absolutely love Marillion, they are in my top 10 of all time. The earlier works the better. Fish was a great story teller. Hogarth is pretty damn good too but has a velvety smooth vocal. Both are outstanding. But not even (a good natured) Hogarth could manage this impossible song… he DOES hit the high notes…
Clutching at Straws is their best effort IMO. Anything after Anoraknophobia was onsei twosie tracks for me.

1 Like

Bjorn and Airbag - absolutely soul soothing. :ok_hand:

1 Like

You bet!
Thanks for the reply!

Tom

If you like great drums and bass, Gavin Harrison’s “sanity and gravity” is great! Mick Karn plays bass on a lot of tracks

1 Like

Bjorn rocks. I like his solo material but I also think that All Rights Removed is awesome (Airbag)

Time to yodel…. Hard to cover Focus. Good effort.

For something a bit harder: IQ’s Road of Bones

Porcupine T and Pineapple Thief. Yeah!

Another Good Spin:

1 Like