Prog Rock fans

I’ve not heard of this - I will check out! :+1:

Indeed! As a canuck, I think I’ve seen at least half a dozen Rush concerts. Every one spectacular.

3 Likes

Me too ! On both sides of the Border, in my Hometown, and up the road in T.O…their Hometown.

1 Like

Cool stuff - I like the responses. I’ll start with a couple recommendations:
IF you happened to spend your childhood (like me) with the Royal Conservatory of Music (piano) lessons, but deep down also really wanted to play Elton, Cat Stevens, Beatles, Supertramp… but still loved both the classical and the current pop music - check out Barock Project - Detachment (Italy) - a terrific album that combines classical baroque music with melodic complex prog - a superb album.

If you were a fan of Phantom of the Opera/Paradise, Tommy check out Shadow Circus’s On A Dark And Stormy Night. A delightful rock-opera sounding album from a writer who studied the rock opera and produced this masterpiece.

If you loved the latest Pink Floyd sound but felt empty when they dissolved, try Timothy Pure’s Blood Of The Berry. Side 1 is spectacular.

Anything by Iluvatar, Clepsydra or MMC (Magna Carta Cartel) is highly recommended.

1 Like

The best band you never heard of.

3 Likes

The only Crack the Sky I have is their From The Greenhouse cd - good album, great song.
I think I shall Tidal cue them up for Monday’s work day! Working alone does have its advantages.
Good suggestion!

If you like the From the Greenhouse track - check out Hanging On by The33

The album is quite diverse but the Hanging On track is very good with a stunning organ solo.

Tool

1 Like

Prog Rock is such a vast group of bands, that it often seems like some of the main groups aren’t even the right fit for the genre.

Earlier Crack is the best, the first pictured above being the best, Safety In Numbers and White Music are pretty good too.

My Prog go to page; I’ve found a lot of stuff I listen to all the time now.

Always been a prog rock guy since I was a kid. Grew up with Rush and that is what got me going. A couple bands I just started listing too is Wobbler and Wishbone Ash (original members). Hey, I just realized they both start with “W”

1 Like

Back in college, late seventies, I listened to Crack The Sky all the time. Not so much lately.

I am a prog fan too. Amarok is a recent find and enjoying very much. Speaking of amarok I am a mike oldfield fan as well.
Other suggestions, rain tree crow which is Japan with a different name plus any of the solo work from the guys from Japan.

Amarok is the name of a prog group

The Aristocrats are in a league of their own talentwise, as great as they are to listen to, watching them puts the experience to an entirely higher level. Luckily there are many vids & concerts available online. :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, the Prog Bible!! :ok_hand:

1 Like

How do I change this thread to eliminate the solution checkmark portion so it can be an ongoing thread?

Thanks!

I do not see a solution check mark, someone must have already eliminated it. As the originator of the thread you can uncheck it.

Ah, so as originator, I am the only one who sees the solution check box? What happens if I select one as the solution?