Prog Rock fans

He noted at the show that after never seeing women at KC shows, his wife suggested they record the album to maybe expand the audience. Totally works for that. She’s a good singer.

2 Likes

King Crimson, a fine box set, a fine cover, and a fine band.

Well, now that makes me want to listen to:

For the music, for the performance for the sound and especially for Frank.

3 Likes

Released yesterday. Old art re-interpreted by Gavin.

The Blue-ray hi-resolution version is expected later this week.

1 Like

Prog, because every great concert starts with:
A one,
a two,
a one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine…

2 Likes

Saw The Pineapple Thief in Toronto on Thursday this week.
Awesome show! Sweet!
These guys are great to see live! Gavin pulls this together so we’ll!
I was 6 heads back from the stage at a venu that holds around 400 people!

1 Like

I’m heading to Nashville this week to see them. But mostly, to watch Gavin.

1 Like

They have a 2nd guitarist for the show! He is very good and a show man too!

1 Like

I know it’s not a prog track, but holy outstanding heavy rock blues with traces of Buddy Guy & Zep… prog fans love blues right?

An interesting piece on Stomu Yamashta’s Go, a prog SuperGroup of the late 70’s era.

Go

2 Likes

3 Likes

Here is Primus doing Farewell To Kings last night.

They pulled it off, got it in the ball park, and I give them credit for even trying to play this music.

6 Likes

This is like 9 ½ minutes of 70s disco meets neo prog, sprinkled with some musical cocaine Abba dust, intertwined with a bit of hypocritical ironic Dwight prose, an acid rock guitar solo amidst a YMCA Donna Summer infused drum backdrop of genre bending, decade blending, involuntary foot tap provoking, uncontrolled micro head bob inducing sound that draws you in like a musical moth to a bright overdriven amplifier tube under Svengali Wilson’s cauldron stir stick of musical wizardry playing loudly beneath the rotating strobe lights and alternating color spots illuminating the dark dance floor of a current underground dance club somewhere in central Europe that seems to play out in three minutes, and which begrudgingly forces you to hit the repeat button way more times than you’d care to admit. It’s like all the soda flavors at the 7-11 studios were genres and Steven mixed ‘em all together into a swamp water and it somehow tasted great! I’m really not certain if I like this track or not, but I can’t seem to stop repeatedly tapping my inner ear looking for that bulging aural vein so I can inject one more play. OK, Just one more time. But I can stop any time I want…

5 Likes

Kick it up a notch…

8 Likes

When we saw The Stick Men, Pat Mastelotto urged us all to clap along and proceeded to introduce the rhythmic progressions he would be using in the next song, to much amusement in the crowd as no one could keep up with the first set, much the third change…

2 Likes

“So, the song goes one and two and three and four and five and uh ah eh six and seven then one and uh eh ah and two and three and uh ah four and uh five six and uh seven. That goes for 5 bars then we shift to…”

1 Like

And that’s why they’re up on the stage and everyone else paid to watch…

Big prog fan here!

Upset that I got the new Marillion album and it’s mixed for headphones. Sounds like junk on my system :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Great music. An Hour Before It’s Dark

Sadly, similar experience here. Bluray-audio, nevertheless sounds out of phase and clipped, even when considering Marillion’s typical ‘warmer’ sounding mixes a a context.

Painfully-accurate and -meaningful commentary on our global, political and ecological, state of affairs as Humans. Our tendency, repeatedly, to victimize ourselves. I wish the sound quality would better evoke the critically important emotions such issues need to provoke in all of us.

1 Like