PS Audio transport cd artwork missing

Well that sucks, most cd’s are still Better than streaming, and I enjoyed the album art, my Transport still runs great, only had to replace the belt. So I guess I can disconnect my Ethernet cable, and use that button on the remote that says “ Lights Off” such a shame.

I wonder why the company is moving away from meta data/display screens? Most companies are moving towards the nice screens, is it a niche thing or do most people not care?

It would not bother me as much if they still offered the playlist editor. We could than create our own cover art and track list if they would just enable a server that would let us beable to get it to the sd card so we could display it. This would work with a PWT but not with a DMP as that needs a response from the server before it even looks at the sd card.

They say that displays are noisy (electrically).

As I recall the comments that have been posted over time about this issue, it seems that some people like the artwork and some (like me) have no use for it. When I first got my DMP, it was kind of cool to see the album cover on the screen. But the artwork was not completely reliable, especially for music outside the pop mainstream – and, more important, it’s not as though you can load up five or ten CDs and need to see what’s playing at the moment. If you get out a CD to play it, chances are that the jewel case is lying in plain sight.

So I got stopped worrying about the album covers. But I know some people like them, which is OK too. And I agree it’s disappointing for a feature you like and use to be dropped.

3 Likes