PS Audio transport cd artwork missing

I’m sure this topic might have been discussed, but the PS audio transport does not display newer cd’s artwork, older cd’s seem to work fine. Is the artwork being pulled from gracenote, or ps audio’s own database? Is the database not being updated @ ps audio?

This has been an ongoing issue since they eliminated the playlist from the PS Audio site! I used to update all my new purchases and share them to the forum so everyone else could use them. i so wish they would bring back the Playlist editor!

2 Likes

Same here. I loved my DMP.

I have yet to locate a CD in my collection (300+) that displays album artwork on my PWT. Would be interested to know what can be done to get this to work?

You need to make sure you have a small enough SD card plugged in the back. I believe 32g or less. Also, need to have it hooked up to your network. By the sounds of it though, the web dev team is needing to restart the server for this service quite often these days. They’re in the planning phases of where they want to take it now.

1 Like

I wish they would fix this issue for once and for all. When the server goes down it is destructive to the information that is stored on the SD card. Most of the times I keep the internet disconnected so the server does not wipe out any of the thousands of titles I have stored on the sd!

1 Like

Hopefully the database is not abandon and can be updated, I prefer playing CD’s over streaming Qobuz via Roon.

1 Like

Hi Jamesh,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am not the original owner; the PWT came with the SD card in it.

If it helps, the serial number of my unit is: PWT-C1-0D020473

When I have the unit powered up, the display reads: internet:ok memory:ok

How do I determine the capacity of the installed SD card?

If the SD card has a capacity beyond 32g, where would you recommend I obtain a suitable replacement with a capacity of 32g or less?

Also, is there a way I can view the contents of the SD card? I’d also like to make a note of the firmware/software version installed, if possible.

Lastly, can you identify several (or at least one) well-known CD where I should be able to view the downloaded album artwork? The section in the user manual addressing the internet connectivity and SD card uses ‘Beatles - Revolver’ in the example provided. I own that CD, but when I insert the disc, it shows that it is downloading track info, then album art - but subsequently shows, in red, that info not found, then art not found.

I appreciate any guidance you can provide.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom Montgomery

Did you register the PWT on the PS Audio website? It is a must do for text and cover art to work.

Hi John,

Yes, my PWT is registered on the PS Audio website.

Will Jamesh respond to my earlier email?

I had a number of questions I’d posed I’d appreciate answers to.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom Montgomery

1 Like

James will answer for sure. I know he was sick the other day when I called. The whole company shut down due to weather today.

SD card usually say on their sticker what the capacity is. If it’s over 32g, I’d probably go check out Amazon. I’m sure they sell smaller cards there.

If you pop the SD card into your computer, you should be able to check out what has been downloaded onto the card that way.

I’m guessing you’re running into the server issue I mentioned. I’m not sure what the team is going to do about it long term.

Hi James H,

Attached are pics of the SD card (front and back.)

It’s labeled 2GB.

Guessing it is the original SD card provided along w the unit when it was sold new (left factory in May 2010.)

I inserted the SD card in my wife’s Intel-based HP laptop, and the laptop responded by indicating the SD card needed to be formatted in order to be of use - FYI I did NOT format it.

When I power up the PS Audio PWT, it displays ‘memory:ok’ which, to me, indicates everything is OK with the SD card.

Am I wrong?

Should I have allowed the Intel-based HP laptop to format the SD card?

Please advise!

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom Montgomery

Looks like you’re doing everything correct on your end. I’ll check with the web team and see if there is something going on with the server. As mentioned above, it has been less than consistent lately.

Hi James H,

I appreciate you following up on this topic.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tom Montgomery

If the computer said the sd card needs formatting, than format it fat 32 and after the format is complete put it back in the pwt. Than pick a popular cd and put it in the drive and see what happens.

1 Like

Has there been any resolution on missing artwork for transport player? Has this format been abandoned? Is the PS Audio server still operational?

I think this is a bad thing too. There are other places they can access cover art and track info than the one that the used that shut down. It is not customer oriented to just drop useful features on a whim!

1 Like

Paul told me they closed the server for the art work

That is not a satisfactory fix in my book. As I said there are other provders out there that they could go to. They think nothing of taking awy things that people use that were selling points when we purchased a unit.