PST Owners: Need feedback on an issue I am having

It does but balance that with the thought of sending it back through the FedEx holiday shipping zone.

2 Likes

And if you just sort of tilt your head a few degrees to the right, problem solved.

2 Likes

Just put footers on the right side only and that should fix it.

Yeah, give our service guys a call and they can get you sorted.

2 Likes

After getting all whiny about my PST, I should follow up and mention that in the week or so of not putting in standby or powering off, it has been working flawlessly.
And as I am an optimist, I expect this goodness to last fuhevuh.

3 Likes

I have been patiently waiting for some information on what is happening with the disc drawer being nonresponsive to the remote and button on the front face. Well, I just talked to TJ in Service/Tech Support, and he said they are working on a firmware update. Fingers crossed it will be available by the end of next week. When the update is available it should be announced here.

I’ve had my PST since January 3rd and it has been essentially a door stop since it needs repeated reboots to eject the CD I just listened to and read the next one. I put my unit back in the box assuming I would send it back. I think I will take it out and start running a CD on repeat to break in. I’ll also connect to the internet to catch any update as soon as it’s released. Should either of these actions be a bad idea let me know ASAP.

Can the problem be resolved by a firmware update? I have not had a problem with my PST since last Oct. Unless PSA changed a part in recent dates, I can’t see how the problem is related to a firmware. To me a defective part or incorrect assembly makes more sense to the problem you are having.

It is a bit of a conundrum. The disc tray not responding to the remote or front panel button sounds like software to me, but … why didn’t previous units display this problem and why is it of varying degrees from one unit to the next? I can’t answer that. The only issue, hardware wise (potentially), I can point to is there was a bad batch of something that delayed delivery of quite a few units from November to late December/early January. The more serious issues seem to be happening with those “delayed” units (mine is one of them). At this point I would rather wait a week (it’s already been over two) to see if software/firmware resolves the issue. Shipping a replacement exposes it to the ravages of FedEx again and I could get another unit with issues. The joy of first world problems!

One way or another, I hope the problem will be resolved for you soon.

Thought about the footers but figured the bits would slide off the disc :smirk:

Will do. Thanks much!

1 Like

Good point, probably not a software issue, if it isn’t affecting every unit.

My tray works perfectly.

Update after 1 week with the replacement Perfectwave Transport here is my experience.

MarkS helped get this worked out, so thanks to MarkS.

Called and talked with PS Support. Took the PWT to FedEx and next day FedEx said replacement was on its way. Arrived a week or so later, so really fast turn around and worth the time. PWT all set up and first thing is the drawer seemed to function as expected, buttons did button things. Put in the PS Audio burn in track, repeat for about 24 hours (y no repeat on remote?). Placed unit in standby mode (blue light in front off, switch in back on 1 or |, l, I). After a few days I pressed the on button on the remote and lights came back on. Pressed remote open drawer and after a brief pause the drawer opened. Loaded disk - did the shimmy - pressed the close button, drawer closed. This is how it should function!

Aside: I like the clunk, it has a nice tone! I have a feeling that once I get used to the clunk, a missing clunk can be used as an audible indicator of User error. Meaning I didn’t do a proper shimmy and thus saving me an additional walk from the couch.

2 Likes

Glad to learn it is working to your satisfaction.

It’s back And ready to straighten up and fly right!

And updated to 2.4.4!

Many thanks to the PS Audio gang!

5 Likes

There is a button on the remote to control repeat function. It gives the option to repeat a single track or a whole disk!

1 Like

You are correct! I found it last week while playing.

Have also had a cd off center, no read.

1 Like

I have the same issues like @McRican.

Let’s face it, you buy a expensive transport and you have to deal with problems as it would be cheap goods. These are engineering basics that just have to work. This does not reflect well on PS Audio and its developers.

In addition, every device should remember its operating status in the event of a wanted or unwanted power loss. These are basics too in my opinion.

I have an Audiolab CDT-6000 too and this much cheaper unit does not have any issues.

The issues do not harm the excellent sound of the unit but the overall experience.

2 Likes