PST SACD transport isolation footers

Great information! I’ll be placing an order soon.

Steve

Thanks so much to everyone that replied!

Steve

Ron, are you using any footer tweaks under your TT?

Three under the speakers makes sense to me, because I don’t believe they’re adjustable, but the manufacturer suggests 4 under speakers, amps, and power conditioners. If these pucks can support 250 lbs per puck, than 3 should be enough for most speakers.

I find this interesting, as Isoacoustics is based on picking the right footer relative to the total weight of the component being supported. I wonder why that matters for them, but seemingly not so important for the Iso-Pods?

I assume because isopucks are made from a different material and probably a different design as well, and not able to hold as much weight.

Because Isoacousitcs depend on controlled compression of an elastomer. VooDoo’s do not.

1 Like

Just the upgraded footers made by the TT mfr., VPI.

1 Like

I have the PST into the May KTE. It’s by a very wide margin the best sound I have ever heard from cd and sacd in my system.
The old cliché of rediscovering my cds applies. One example: Gould Bach two and three part inventions: the mods he did to his piano are so obvious. I had never noticed before.

You went with those new footers that were in Harry’s YouTube demo, where he was banging on the table top?

Never saw that. I’ll have to find it.

I wonder how many people have heard about the Critical Mass System’s CenterStage 2 footers. I am using 20 of these model 1.0 under most of my equipment, including the PSA combo.

Also saving up money to buy their latest footers specifically designed for speakers.

I think these are the end game footers for all audiophiles.

Soooooo good to hear because I’m strictly a silver disc spinner. No streaming, etc.
Are you using HDMI ( i2S ) connecting your PST to the May KTE ??
If so, ant issues with compatibility ??
Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Yes, HDMI and no issues.
Amazing combo, I am rediscovering my 2000+ cds :sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

What cable are you using between the PST and KTE? I’m assuming that you’re using an HDMI cable. Which of the 4 options for I2S configuration are you using on the KTE? I get my PST tomorrow.

Steve

What brand and length HDMI are you using ?
Tom

WW platinum hdmi, but I also have a RAL for streaming and at some point I will swap them, but it sounds so good with the ww that I am in no hurry.
You have to use the second hdmi mode, because in the first one, channels are inverted on DSD material.

Prepare to be amazed :sunglasses:

1 Like

WW platinum 0.5m

By the way, try an sacd, you might be surprised :wink:

@Phil, great! That confirms the information that I received from PS Audio’s support team that ALT2 on the KTE will work with the PST. I just wanted confirmation and you provided it. Thanks so much!

Steve

1 Like