Purchased new DS DAC MT Massive upgrade strange feature

I upgraded my old DS MK1 DAC with the latest model.
I am using the Airlens streamer. with (I2S1) and Jay Audio transport (I2S-2)
Both sound better than the original DAC for sure. The feature/problem which I explained to PS support is that as soon as I turn the DAC on (standby-blue PS audio button) there is no sound from either connection/unit. As soon as toggle the Standby button, the sound starts. If I pause the units for some time and then play something again, I have to toggle the standby button to play.
I change the input signal options from Auto to ON, no difference. I2S to Coax, same issues.
Has anyone experience similar issue? I am still waiting for PS response. Maybe this a power saving feature.

Thanks

Carlos

If you have auto input select on, then perhaps something in your system is “playing” almost silence and the Mk II is selecting that input at times. Does your problem happen the same if you explicitly select your input?

Thanks Ted for your input.

With both I2S connected, I switched ON the DAC (standby button), I am streaming using TIDAL and connect the Airlens. The sound is muted out of the DAC. I manually select input to I2S1 and then I2S2(CD transport) back to I2S1(Airlens), no sound. then I toggle standby and I have sound.
I disconnect I2S2-CD transport and repeat the process. same problem.

Thanks

Carlos

What is the DS displaying during this? My first thought was that if there’s a power glitch the DS Mk II mutes the output to protect itself and your speakers, etc. But this requires a power off from the back to “resurrect” things. I can’t think of anything else I can help with on the Mk II, PS Audio support or perhaps someone else here might have an idea.

3 Likes