PWD 2 drop outs

I have my PWD connected to a mini mac via usb. Using Pure Music and Itunes.

The problem I am having is while listening to music there is a skip in the music. It happens intermittently - no pattern.

Is this a problem with Pure Music?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Aperez58 said I have my PWD connected to a mini mac via usb. Using Pure Music and Itunes.

The problem I am having is while listening to music there is a skip in the music. It happens intermittently - no pattern.

Is this a problem with Pure Music?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

I use the same player some times wth my Mini and had skips a few days ago, but have no idea why, today it’s fine and I did nothing I am aware of. This is over USB, cannot get Bridge to stay connected btw.

It’s clearly something to do with the Mini or the program. Have you thought of trying BitPerfect instead? I know you put good money out for Pure Music, but just a thought. I have been using BitPerfect for some time now without any troubles at all. I know Pure Music is a great program but for $10 it might just be worth the look see.

Paul McGowan said It's clearly something to do with the Mini or the program. Have you thought of trying BitPerfect instead? I know you put good money out for Pure Music, but just a thought. I have been using BitPerfect for some time now without any troubles at all. I know Pure Music is a great program but for $10 it might just be worth the look see.
I'm still running 10.6.8 so can't.

Then I would encourage you to upgrade AND add more RAM.

The Mac does occasional maintenance and runs services in the background. This can interrupt music.

Try doing a PRAM and repair of disk permissions occasionally.

A weekly reboot of everything once a week is also helpful. [these are computers after all.]

Drops when playing by USB are, as Paul mentioned, due to the Mac and player programs.

Mac OSX also gives priority to finder, safari, auto updates and a few other goodies, so make sure they are turned off.

P.S.

Many claim that SL sounds better than Maverics.

It used to until Mac reactivated Integer Mode. If you have intel and 4g ram, then update, if not add some ram and refer to the above which help in either case.

gordon said The Mac does occasional maintenance and runs services in the background. This can interrupt music.

A weekly reboot of everything once a week is also helpful. [these are computers after all.]

Drops when playing by USB are, as Paul mentioned, due to the Mac and player programs.

Mac OSX also gives priority to finder, safari, auto updates and a few other goodies, so make sure they are turned off.

P.S.

It used to until Mac reactivated Integer Mode. If you have intel and 4g ram, then update, if not add some ram and refer to the above which help in either case.

I have tweaked OSX from Mach2 Music, who went belly up few yrs ago and they did not include a backup

rogerdn said
gordon said The Mac does occasional maintenance and runs services in the background. This can interrupt music.

P.S.

I have tweaked OSX from Mach2 Music, who went belly up few yrs ago and they did not include a backup

Most of my post is not included ??

Switched to my notebook and loaded Pure Music on that. It plays without drop outs so it must be the mac mini.

It is an older model with not much ram capacity.

Thanks for your responses.

Update. I installed Audirvana Plus on my minimac today and I no longer have the dropouts I had with Pure Music.

The sound is a step up too. (or maybe the Dac is starting to burn in:)