PWD and eLyric

As far as I know, eLyric 2.1.1 does not work properly on any iOS version before 6.0. You may be able to convince PS Audio to send you an earlier version of eLyric. That is the only solution that I can think of. I wish that they would make an earlier version available in the app store - other apps have multiple versions available.

J.P.

scotte1 said: If you are really a fan of the form and function of your Library manager and controller combination, I would appreciate if you would sing its/their praises and make a recommendation.

MinimServer and BubbleUPnP

Thank you, alekz. I'll do some research on both. Do you have any quick and dirty insight as to why/how these are superior to JRiver Media Center and their controller?

Regards.

[Addenda: Looks like BubbleUPnP is Android-centric. Alas, I have Apple mobile devices and desktop.]

@scotte1 - I do not have my bridge yet, but mock-up using a software endpoint renderer, my best results are with Foobar2000, UPNP / DLNA output plugin. BubbleUPnp wrapper (this has the Linn extensions for openHome), and on my iPAD, best controller is the PlugPlayer. Cosmetically, I like the Linn Kinsky better, but on my Ipad 2 running iOS 7, Kinsky just doesn’t seem stable. Its really quirky. PlugPlayer isn’t as pretty, but it works. In this configuration I can get gapless working.

As a comparison, running JRMC UPNP server - to - JPMC Renderer, no go with the gapless.

We’ll see how this all works once the Bridge comes into play.

scotte1 said: Do you have any quick and dirty insight as to why/how these are superior to JRiver Media Center and their controller?

It's more about the MinimServer, I think:

o- platform independancy
o- low resource usage
o- fast rescanning
o- no need in a separate computer
o- free (but please support Simon!)

@alekz 10-4

scotte1 said: 10-4

Base 12?

J.P.

Excellent JP. Nerds R Us.

:slight_smile:

wingsounds13 said: Base 12?

Yes ;)

Hi PS Team,

Is it possible to get a copy of older version of eLyric (early than 2.1.1), or multiple version on iTunes PLEASE???

No, Apple does not allow you to go back. Wish they did.

Publish the old version as a separate product with the version number or optimal OS support as part of the name (eLyric 4/5/6 or eLyric 1.9.8). Describe exactly what iOS it supports and restrict installation to only iOS 6 and older. This would then install on any supported device along side of the newer version if present.

Doing this would make a number of people happy. We might poll for a list of user responses but as far as I could tell, the version immediately preceding the last one published worked fine on my first gen iPad with iOS 5.1. That, or publish that one and the last one before the iOS 7 fixes were tried.

J.P.

scotte1 said: 10-4

I'm not that nerdy, but I was thinking 1550.

My new MacBrook Pro (OSX 10.9.2-the current Old Style MacBook with a 500 GB hard drive) and the free ELyric Music Maker software from PSA do not want to play nicely with each other.

I am able to have a few radio stations play, but Hi Rez files from Linn and HDTracks do not play (I think they might have played for one day (the date of the ELyric Music Maker software was in stall on my MacBook Pro)

Any suggestions for a fix? Is there another product available

JRiver for Mac and Minim Server are two possibilities. The former is free to try (but not to buy) and the latter is free period.