iPad and iPhone IOS7 App TESTING

Quite soon the latest update for the eLyric App should be ready to download and install.

Sorry about the wait. It’ll fix the menu problem on IOS7 mobile devices. I just got a note that the app’s been approved and they should release it any day now.

Please do read the comments as it does NOT seem to work on some phones/ipads and it is difficult to go back to your previous version unless you have backed up in itunes.

Well done!

@Paul thank you, although i do not see update on IP5 with iOS7 yet - any estimate when it should appear in app store?

Great news Paul. Can’t wait to start using my PS Audio PWD again!

Yeah, doggone Apple. They sent me a note saying it has been approved and I jumped the gun with excitement figuring the process is always the same. Once approved it gets released quickly. Not so this time. Sigh.

I will edit the announcement. Shouldn’t be long now.

Okay that’s good news i was scared that there might be some restriction to US apple store only or so :slight_smile: Thanks!

at least a good news.

I don’t know what is fixed. IT still crashes when I try to load Twonky and it looses the Dac. To get the Dac up at all I have to Reset the Bridge every time. Who tests these things before release?

So I am still stuffed.

It is a joke!

On the iPad black frames are added. All other mistakes are still there. The worst is the “jumping up in the alphabet”!

So frustrating…In “Devices”, my I-Pad is checked. When I try to check “Perfect Wave DAC” it gives me the Error message “Could not load the XML description file at the specified URL”.

I notice that on my I-Pad the Device URL for my DAC has a series of numbers that are not in my IP address. Should I uninstall the Perfect Wave DAC my system and reinstall it? What is the next best step?

Better yet…

eLyric is now broken on iPad1 ios 5.1.1

It initially starts in landscape mode but immediately switches to portrait mode which it obviously does not support - the right side of the screen is cut off.

All previous versions worked on iPad1/ios 5.1.1, maybe PS Audio needs to keep several versions in the app store and the users could load whichever one works best. Now, if they can just make the purchase cover all available versions… :slight_smile:

J.P.

report:

iPhone5 with iOS7.0.4 and elyric 2.1.1 (released today)

- i can see media servers on my netowork

- i can not see any renderer besides iPhone itself (it seems like it is not even looking for renderers

as the “refresh” button is now available only in the servers section

- when i try to add PWD manually the “save” button is greyed out and hitting “go” crashes elyric

Here is the screenshot showing situation about missing available renderers (including my PWD which is visible for example by PlugPlayer on the same iPhone):

Works on my system; however, I only use it for SRC and Filter selections (yes, I know you can use the remote but I can’t see the PWD screen, for visual verification of selections, from more than a foot away or so). On my iPad, the new eLyric found my PWD right away, on my iPhone, I had to reset the PnP server. Seems stable for now. Who knows??

I long ago gave up on eLyric as a music server program, JRiver is so much better and rock solid. PS Audio is clearly not a software company. Wavestrem please!!

Until this is fully resolved, has anyone downloaded J River onto an I-Pad and used it to control their system? Just wondering.

@bassman23 i’m using PlugPlayer on iPhone and besides it does not support PWD specific tricks (sample rate, filter and phase switching) it works fine.

Lately I’ve bought also PlugPlayer for OSX - not very fancy interface, but works fine too :slight_smile:

Not to be a pessimist, but…, I’ve been lurking around here for a long while, this will not get fully fixed. It is what it is. JRiver on a computer along with JRemote on your iDevice works great (except gapless). Sounds great and works great. Can’t imagine a better working server and controller combination.

The problem I have with JRiver I have to run a PC or Alpple and I don’t want that as my music is off the NAS.

I am now using a 7" Google tablet and BubbleUnP and it works fine but no Dac control. It works with everything Yamaha & Onkyo Receivers, PCs but it has to stay ON to hold the Playlist.

I don't know what is fixed. IT still crashes when I try to load Twonky and it looses the Dac. To get the Dac up at all I have to Reset the Bridge every time. Who tests these things before release?
So I am still stuffed.
They are call beta testers.

So frustrating...In "Devices", my I-Pad is checked. When I try to check "Perfect Wave DAC" it gives me the Error message "Could not load the XML description file at the specified URL".
I notice that on my I-Pad the Device URL for my DAC has a series of numbers that are not in my IP address. Should I uninstall the Perfect Wave DAC my system and reinstall it? What is the next best step?

Better yet...

eLyric is now broken on iPad1 ios 5.1.1

It initially starts in landscape mode but immediately switches to portrait mode which it obviously does not support - the right side of the screen is cut off.

All previous versions worked on iPad1/ios 5.1.1, maybe PS Audio needs to keep several versions in the app store and the users could load whichever one works best. Now, if they can just make the purchase cover all available versions... :)

J.P.

If any consolation, all software have bugs. Great example is Apple. Do you feel better now?
You must be Apple lovers, I can see them miles away. You expect software to work? For the record, I'm not an Apple lover. I just don't enjoy reliability problems and eventually discard if no improvements.

BTW, this release fixed my iPhone eLyrics app. Now PWD is not grey out. So far so good.

I am no Apple lover! I own an iPad1 solely because I needed an iOS based tablet to run the eLyric controller app which was and still is the only fully functional and integrated controller for the PWD/Bridge. Yes, other UPnP controllers exist but no others access the unique features of the PWD/Bridge and no others that I am awaremof are capable of loading a playlist INTO the Bridge and will allow the playlist to play to completion if disconnected.

I am somewhat of a champion of Foobar2000 (a Windoze PC based program) and wish that there were an integrated controller for Foobar on the Android platform.

J.P.

J.P., bung99 and bassman23, I APOLOGIES for including y’all in my poor attempt at sarcasm.