Reference Recordings (The Label)

Any Reference Recordings fans out there…?

Just ordered this CD:

4 Likes

Yes, I have a number of the series featuring EIji Oue & Minnesota Orchestra and also the Tutti album. All very good recordings. Of course their catalogue is much bigger than the small sampling I have.

2 Likes

Thanks! I ordered one from Amazon :grinning:

2 Likes

Count me in as a RR fan. The recordings on balance are quite good from the Minnesota and Pittsburg symphonies. The Mahler 1st, San Saines organ, and Shostakovich 4th are my favorites.

2 Likes

John Rutter’s Requiem and Five Anthems sung by the Turtle Creek Chorale moves my soul. The greatest recording of this work I’ve ever heard, thanks to RR,

4 Likes

I have accumulated a number of their recordings over the years. Haven’t purchased any in quite some time but therir use of HDCD in the past was always a plus in my opinion.

One of my favorites both in terms of recording quality and musically:

And another:

2 Likes

Thanks for the posts, guys.

Now I have more to explore.

:money_mouth_face:

My favorite RR release.

2 Likes

I owned quite a few from RR, but I need to revisit them since they have not been listen to in my current system yet :face_with_thermometer:

1 Like

I have several, older KQ releases on CD - a mixed bag, in terms of how much I enjoy them (artistry and musicality aside).

I’ll definitely check this one out.

1 Like

Beside the Kronos Quartet trekkers, I also have the recordings of Nojima from List and Ravel. The late two are really good and makes me think I really need to have to give them a listen again.
Thanks for bringing up the subject!

1 Like

Arrived today…ripped via dB poweramp Music Converter. First spin is on the very High-Fidelity speakers built into my iMac. :wink::

FYI:

SEE

3 Likes

FYI:

https://referencerecordings.com/catalog/?goal=0_c54fabaea5-fc228b03d4-219945201&mc_cid=fc228b03d4&mc_eid=6769cd8aae

Hey, thanks for this, Scott. I wish, though, RR would specify the recording method for each release, similar to how Cookie does it for Blue Note. I typically try and buy in the as-captured format if possible.

1 Like

Picked up this release in mint, sealed condition a few years back. In spite of the fact that Valin and Fremer (and many others) raved about the release I found it to be a huge disappointment. I’ve come to the conclusion I just don’t care much for the recording technique used on many of the old RCA Living Stereo discs. There are exceptions I enjoy though.

1 Like

Just ordered this (CD) on a pre-release basis:

Looked too good to pass up (dang e-mail lists :slight_smile: )… I hope the recording quality is excellent.

More details here:

https://referencerecordings.com/recording/le-dolce-sirene/

Cheers

1 Like

New arrival…ripping it to my hard drive now…:

Just came in today:

2 Likes

Going to order that one as well. Do you have the RR Tchaikovsky 4th that came out last year? A good one.