Respectful Posting

Ah, thanks. I think I will can that lest sentence. Now in the cleaned up Yale thread it’s just sitting there like a hanging participle. Seems like it’s just asking for a response.

Sure, makes perfect sense.

Do you find the idea of a separate thread on recordings to use for evaluation a productive one or has the discussion already run its course?

Elk,

I thought it would be useful for me to put all the relevant posts that I had on file into one post so that it would be easy to follow this discussion, since some of the relevant posts were moved to this new thread, but others were apparently left elsewhere and I could not find them. Just a bit of confusion there, and around some missing posts that were excised. At any rate, I think we have both expressed our viewpoints very well – and I have made special note of your comments. Since I have received private messages regarding the usefulness of my posts, may I point out that there are differing viewpoints on this matter on the part of forum posters, some of whom, understandably, would prefer not to enter the fray. And who can blame them? In any case, I do not think it is useful to continue flogging this horse. I think the poor animal needs a good rest.

I agree with Duke. Seems like we have both also been busy on PMs. Frankly if there was a way to lock this thread I’d feel better about it. It’s a good artifact but should not need any further discourse within in its current context.

Duke:

Again, nothing was moved but to here, and nothing was deleted other than the couple of unicorn posts which contained nothing substantive. But we can agree they existed. laugh

Your posts of useful recordings for evaluation and why are indeed useful! Just be thoughtful as to how you respond to others’ choices.

As you are sensitive as to how others respond to you (not a criticism, many are), perhaps the ancient test “how would I feel if someone else did this” would be useful. I mean this to be constructive, not as a thinly disguised insult.

Every forum has its own personality. It can take a bit to figure it out. This group is remarkably open and accepting of a multitude of views and approaches. The group bristles when it appears someone is suggesting their way is the only way, or that an alternate approach has no value.

tony22 said I agree with Duke. Seems like we have both also been busy on PMs. Frankly if there was a way to lock this thread I'd feel better about it. It's a good artifact but should not need any further discourse within in its current context.
Let's lock it then. We do not want to keep around anything doing more harm than good.

Elk addition: After the thread was locked, Duke sent me a gracious PM.