"Roon Five"

I have two perfect vinyl copies of Dream Hog. Am I alone thinking as highly as I do of it?

I think it is absolute perfection.

Hey Muse is wonderful as well. Much better on vinyl than digital.

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s a good looking set of albums

1 Like

Thanks to a huge helping hand from @kerosene, Roon, dBpoweramp Music Converter and JRMC are all now “talking to my NAS” and Roon can “see” my recently ripped/acquired box of country music CDs.

Here is the most recent five, including a Mo-Fi Eagles re-master I recently acquired from a forum member:

5 Likes

And the next five (more to come):

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

It looks like you inherited quite a broad collection.

1 Like

About 100 CDs…

…not my favorite genre, but there are some gems among them.

I dont think I have a favorite genre. I do listen to a wide variety and there are some really good (and bad) artists / recordings under the “Country” umbrella.

2 Likes

I seem to gravitate toward “musicality” and aural “clarity”.

Push both of those buttons and I’ll really enjoy the recording - no matter the genre or the artist.

If the musicality factor is high enough, “clarity” and recording quality can be otherwise substandard and I’ll still enjoy the music.

2 Likes

That’s generally the case for me as well…

Except that my broad range of genres doesn’t extent to Rap or Hip Hop (and variants thereof), irrespective of the ‘musicality’ or ‘clarity’…

I’ve tried, but they’re just not for me.

1 Like

I have similar tastes (or lack thereof :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), but there are, happily, exceptions among these genres as well.

1 Like

I’m sure that you’re right. I endeavour to keep an open mind, so perhaps one day I’ll stumble across one such exception…

1 Like

I’ll agree. Once in a while I find a Rap tune that’s a keeper but generally the lyrics are too hateful for me.
If you stick a little closer to R&B the tunes are a lot better IMHO.

1 Like

That’s a good point. The music is one thing, but the lyrics quite another.

It seems to be almost compulsory to have hateful lyrics, invariably with the gratuitous use of expletives!

I find R&B and Funk much more enjoyable…

1 Like

“Roon how many again?”

I had Some Girls on CD but this was a deluxe version with a bonus disc that included some great stuff. And Hard Day’s Night has both mono & stereo versions on same CD.

I won’t bore you with justifications for the others. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Bunch of psycho over-achievers around here…! :slight_smile:

Nice batch. How is the Junior Wells record?

I have similar sensibilities, which also influence my other media exposure.

Anything that I perceive to promote or encourage “bad” behavior, tends to never get a second look from me.

I am no prude or moralizer, mind you. I just don’t like stuff that actually encourages people to be mean or otherwise promotes base behavior. Sexy, provocative, stylized violence, etc. can all be escapist and tolerable. It’s the “reality TV”-like stuff, and other media programing (and some music) promoting (or exploiting) anti-social and, literally, destructive (or mean) behavior that I try to avoid. Life is just too short to focus on, or overexpose oneself to, such stuff.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing…

2 Likes