"Roon Five"

Discovered an eight-disc Waiting For Columbus release on Qobuz. So of course I had to hunt a physical copy of the box set on Discogs. I’m sure you’ll see the rip in a Roon Five in the near future.

But the gem in this bunch is the Carla Bruni album. One of those many albums in my streaming library that fall off the radar, but I was drawn to the CD when I stumbled upon it at my local shop.

I am unabashedly smitten with her and this record. All in french so I have no bloody clue what she’s singing about, but I love it. Aside from her intoxicating vocals, there is some cool instrumentation on here. Might not change your life, but it’s a sheer pleasure to listen to.

5 Likes

I think looking at the cover art alone just changed my life.

2 Likes

there is that

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

someone unloaded a bunch of nice blue note CDs… more there that i already had, but I grabbed what i didn’t.

Someone also unloaded a crap ton of Yanni CDs so if you need to round out your collection, PM me and I’ll tell you where to go. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

4 Likes

That’s an interesting group

I like variety

Me too. Music is like girls. There’s no bad music or ugly girls. Some music is just barely tolerable and some girls are just barely pretty but it’s all good.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice to see some new, personally-owned, music added to a Roon library…

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Another (delightful?) example of eclecticism…

1 Like

3 Likes