SALE ! PerfectWave SACD Transport

I ordered at the last minute of the sale period so I anticipated waiting a while. Of course, I was looking forward to using my holiday time off to setup the PST and enjoy.

Given that many stores’ shelves are bare right now, it is no surprise that PS Audio is experiencing unanticipated shortages/delays. I find it quite annoying out in the wild when a customer obnoxiously complains to the store clerk that they will “never shop here again” because the store didn’t have their particular brand of corn flakes in stock. Do these people think that the stores are purposely keeping their shelves empty as some sort of strategy?!?

Anyway, it is nice to be part of an online community where customers understand the circumstances and give PS Audio some slack.

-Tom

2 Likes

Thanks for the understanding Tom. It’s been a wild ride through this process and fortunately, most of our customers understand. Understandably there are folks frustrated at the situation and feel better to voice that frustration. Which I more than understand. My girlfriend is fantastic and offers up that ear for me to vent at. Always feels good.

2 Likes

My letter states, “Your order is now scheduled ship by the end of December.” so I’m guessing the PST will ship in waves as they are assembled and tested.

1 Like

Mine just says “early 2022.” First quarter, maybe? :wink:

Is the PST everything you hoped for? Are you considering any upgrades based on your initial experience?

I understand he now has to use the overflow parking lot, that or cycle/hike in to the office. He had told me they were targeting mid-December shipment about a week back when I checked in on shipping status. My guess is the reworked circuit boards were not passing muster. No complaints at I all I totally understand. I don’t think the recovery is totally in PSA’s hands.

2 Likes

To PSA’s credit overall their communication on the issue has been commendable. Clearly they were caught off guard.

Oh, I understand as well. I hope my comments weren’t taken as anything other than the tongue-in-cheek observations they were intended to be. If there was ever a purely well-intentioned audio company that did their utmost to deliver on their promises, it’s PSA. And I don’t say that to curry favor in the hopes of an earlier delivery on the PST. :wink:

OK, I’ll stop now. :laughing:

1 Like

My PST arrived today. Just hooked it up and started burn in. Playing track 7 on the CD “Irrational, But Efficacious!” CD on repeat.

3 Likes

Mine shipped yesterday, FedEx should deliver it by the end of next week. It’ll be like Christmas in December…

5 Likes

Can I ask when you ordered? I ordered right at the end of the sale. Trying to get a sense of where I am in the queue.

Thanks

Me, too. I called it in on Friday the 29th.

1 Like

I ordered on 10/21 and my PST arrived yesterday.

ouch! I was Oct 18 . . . .no word yet, other than from Scott, " . . ship by the end of the year!"

That’s odd!

1 Like

g9taylor,

I ordered mine near the end of October, but since we were going to be out of town Thanksgiving week, I let PS Audio know that they could put me in a later delivery group.

Thanks for the info. I hope you really enjoy it. I hope to see mine shortly after the new year.

For this price wouldn’t one expect almost perfection? Muddled drums sounds very worrying to me!

@hiace_drifter Why blame just the transport?

1 Like

Sooooo, if the drums are good on any other tracks, it’s not the transport.