SALE ! PerfectWave SACD Transport

Waste money on cables? How is that possible?
I’m only in it for the fancy packaging cables come in.

4 Likes

Yes, and you will be very helpful to those thinking whether to get get the Dragon or save a little and get the Firebird. I believe there’s many awaiting your evaluation. We are thankful you in position to do it. It’s much better than waiting for Al to get a Firebird for that result. We might have waited forever, right Al? :joy:

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with what you were saying unless you are a Audioquest dealer trying to push a sale. You are just expressing your joy.

My wife will not like you though if she find out that I have the upgrade bug again after getting the RAL not too long ago.

2 Likes

When I first compared the PST with the DMP, it was with the Dragon HDMI cable on both units. It was immediate and obvious the PST had a lower noise floor and revealed much more detail. After my brother came over and heard the same thing, I returned the DMP right away, and to @dts, no I’m not an AQ dealer nor do I ever want to be one, I just like to get the best sound, I don’t care where it comes from. Sorry about your wife, you could imagine my wife’s feeling on my obsession.

Precisely. I gave up the Crown Royal bag for the firey Ninja box. Got to keep “current”.

2 Likes

Exactly.

It has been interesting listening to the different opinions on cables and not sure how it went down this path from my original question…Is anyone experiencing an occasional drop out when connected though I2S?
Anyone?

Sorry cables are taking over many threads here. That is PSA fault since they postponed their new gears for too long and people got bored here.

I have drop out from using USB input, never on I2S though. must be the cable…

1 Like

No dropout on I2S, or AES/EBU here.

1 Like

@jamesh Any further update or ETA on recommencing shipments? Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

No dropout on i2s

Slowey but surely. Sounds like we are getting a decent number of the boards next week. If all goes well, we’ll be able to resume building and shipping by the end of next week.

5 Likes

Just in time for Christmas :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I got an e-mail from Scott this afternoon saying my delivery has slipped to early 2022. :anguished: Normally I would be less than happy, but it was a screaming good deal so hard to complain. Sure wish I hadn’t procrastinated so long …. Now, they can make it up to me when they release the DS Mk II! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I also received the email, as supply chain uncertainties are impacting delivery shipment has pushed into 2022 with no firm ship date. Not really an issue for me. This is one upgrade I was on the fence for. Just reinforces my decision to hold off on power and HDMI cables for the new transport. I wonder what the impact is on in process projects such as BHK 600, DSD DAC version II, and FR-30 speakers. This has got to be a real headache for the PSA folks. For me I’ll just play some records.

2 Likes

Maybe PS Audio will throw in a free SACD for good measure! :innocent:

2 Likes

I got the email, too. I can’t really complain since the price was so great, and the purchase will look better on next year’s books (read: I’ll have a year to avoid other purchases to make up for spending so much on it).

1 Like

It had to be a mass email because I too received it BUT I already have my PST

1 Like

In light of the recent emails about January shipping, it appears things must not have all gone well. :wink:

No jab at @jamesh intended. I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity. >ducking and running<

1 Like

Got the same email as well. Scott was very vague about the problems they knew about vs. the problems that surprised them (or the troubling ones that snuck up on them). Had just bought a Firebird 48 HDMI cable to sweeten the good deal gotten on the PWT. I was on the fence as to whether or not I needed another transport (I have the DMP), but had heard so many good things about the new SACD transport. I’m upgrading my speaker cables as well so I guess. The good news is that I can assess each of these upgrades one step at a time.

4 Likes