SGCD connected to Innuos Zenith MK3 Roon Core

I just setup the Innuos Zenith MKIII as a Roon Core (Server Integration: Roon Core with Squeezelite Player). The MKIII sees the PSA Stellar Gain Cell DAC (SGCD) without a problem. It is listed as “PS Audio USB Audio 2.0” and it is selected as the DAC in the MKIII as player output.

In the Roon Audio setup I see “PS Audio USB Audio 2.0” connected to Roon Core.
So far all is as expected.

However, when I try to enable the “PS Audio USB Audio 2.0” as an endpoint I get “Device not found error” and cannot activate it as an endpoint.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 01.32.02

I had the same problem when I first got the PSA SGCD. At that time the Roon Core was running on a Mac Mini via the Pro-Ject Streambox S2 Ultra (Ethernet input and USB output to the SGCD). It turned out I needed to get the USB interface on the SGCD upgraded to support Linux. (The Pro-Ject Streambox runs VOLUMIO, which is Linux based). After the upgrade all worked excellent.

I replaced the MacMini because it is 10 years old and installed a dedicated Roon Core, for the obvious reasons (stability / better USB Signal etc…)

Does anyone have a similar configuration / issues?
Thanks for any input.

Greetings from Luxembourg!

I would call their support +44 2475 200 210 in the UK or 0800 724 4538 in Germany.

I would try a simple standard USB cable first, make sure the input selector of that gain cell (if it has one) is on DAC to make sure it has USB power on. Does it work with the InnuOS software…? Is there a control panel that you can check whether there is something connected to the USB…?

I believe you have to actually ENABLE the DAC in the Roon settings. It sees the DAC, but there is a setting to enable it.

A hopeful guess.

1 Like

How long is the USB cable that you’re using?

Hello Steven,
Found the issue. Someone on the Roon forums helped out.

There are special instructions to enable Roon/Squeezebox mode: http://www.innuos.com/en/go/release-1-4-1 (see the last part of the release notes for a detailed step-by-step explanation)

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Thanks for keeping us posted with the solution!