Should I leave my Stellar P3 Always On?

I remember I saw a video long time ago, and Paul was saying it was better to leave audio equipment on.

Does that apply to power components too?

Also, how much electricity is used monthly if my P3 is always on?

The manual should give the current draw at idle but it will be pretty low.

Yes, keep it on all the time, unless you are going away for a few days or there is an electrical storm.

2 Likes

I would agree that leaving the regenerator on at all times is the best method for using it. All the regenerators we have in the factory listening rooms are kept on 24/7. This allows for power to continue to pass to the attached gear which allows them stay warmed up. The power draw just for the regenerators is pretty minimal it’s right around 35 watts.

If you look at stellar-p3-regenerator-first-impressions-updated you can see my measured power values.

cool, thanks everyone!

Leave the power on as leave it in idle or fully on?
Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike,
My understanding is fully on.

Thanks sir

1 Like

Yes, I recommend fully on. If you want the lights to shut off, you can hit the dim button on the remote. The only reason I ever turn mine off is if I’m going on vacation or something.

1 Like

Hi @jamesh,

Do you know why the dim button does not turn off (or at least dim) the large square PS Audio logo? I sure wish it did.

George

Yeah, I believe it’s a simple design choice. Possibly to help alleviate the potential confusion of whether its on or not. It seems like the newer Stellar gear’s logo light stays brighter compared to the PW gear. At least this is the case for my gear.

1 Like

Thanks Jamesh,
Surely a design choice. I just find it odd, as the dim button is there to remove the light from the unit, yet the largest light source remains on. :disappointed:

Black electrical tape can do wonders. It’s easy to peel the 3m tape that I use.

I would not advise anyone to use black electrical tape to cover their power button on their Stellar P3. Black electrical tape leaves behind an annoyingly sticky residue over time and this, combined with the heat produced by the Stellar P3, would make for a very sticky mess.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, it seems only logical that the dim function on the remote would dim all of the lights, especially the brightest light of all, the power button. A shame they didn’t design it that way.

1 Like

I continue to suggest LightDims. They come in complete black-out as well as partial.

You can also use “gaffers tape” as it does not leave any residue. For me the lights are not a problem as I don’t listen in the dark.

2 Likes