Shunyata Everest vs P20

My own experiences with PS Audio’s power regenerators is that they do exactly what
they are claimed to do…and benefit my system including my Parasound JC5 amp.

With my P15 in place my system consistently musical performance never disappoints.
Other opinions don’t impact my experience with mine…

Others have varying experiences (ymmv) with varying listening room space environment.
When P15s come on special which you can free trial at home and hear for your self
and should you not like it return it get a refund…not a bad way to go at all…

Best wishes in your journey!!

2 Likes

Cheers!

This P3 conversation got me curious, so I checked and sure enough found a “test” from “Mr Audio Flat Earther”. He describes the P3 as far worse than the wall. He also claims that the P3 is not truly a regenerator, but “they mix incoming AC with a compensation signal”.

2 Likes

I’m going to face exactly this decision…

Planning to move the rack on the side wall @Paul suggested in another thread to keep on the same rack my P20 to feed all the sources and the BHK Pre.
While amplification (2 M1200s) will go on the front wall.

I’m wondering which kind of regen purchasing for the purpose, having on the front wall also 2 REL subs T7/i to feed to.

3 separated sockets (from 3 different brand new dedicated lines will be available).

Someone suggested a P3 to feed both the M1200s and the RELs (or even only the M1200s feeding the RELs directly to the other 2 wall sockets available).
Some other suggested to hook directly to the 3 wall sockets both the amps (each one to a different socket) and the subs (1 remaining socket using a power strip).

Following your previous post do you think that a P15 (I was planning to buy second hand) would be inappropriate/overkill? Being dedicated lines how much beneficial will be in that case a regen for these amps in particular?

Just watched on YouTube yesterday that video review by our beloved … and I promised to myself not to mention it at all on this forum to avoid my last error when I posted a few months ago his review of the P12. A zillion posts followed and I regretted reporting it.
Thank you Ron, this time it’s not me! Lot of friends here I’m sure that are thinking what I’m thinking. No more words from me on this argument.
Dante said “Guarda e passa”!

In the case of anything feeding power to your system, I don’t think anything is overkill. You never know what amps, etc you’re going to buy in the future.

1 Like

Luca, I can only speak from my own experience. After my room was put together along with my dedicated likes (6, each on their own breaker), I listened to my Pass monoblocks both with and without them being fed from my P15 (a spare since all my source gear is on the P20). In my case my amps sounded better right into the wall. Ironically RonP also uses Pass amplification and I think he likes it better from his P20. So, I guess you never can tell until you try it yourself. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Do not encourage me to spend, please, I’m already prone by myself to find new rabbit holes to fall down into.
Kidding apart I was just wondering how the P3 could work with the M1200s FWIW compared to the P15 (that is far superior in general, I know, I had 2 P12s and now a P20) but in this particular case how big would be the difference.

Thank you Tony, even if Pass amps (I really admire) are so different beasts I suppose from Class D M1200s.

Has anyone tried any of the Audience line conditioners? I’m using one of their older models, the aR6, which I’ve never compared to any of the PSA regenerators, but this device has made a monumental improvement in the sound of my system. I’d be curious how it compares to any of the PSA regenerators.

My next face off will be a monster power strip from 25 years ago against a cardas Nautilus!

Only one will win.

If it’s close, the Nautilus will go back and I’ll save cash that will go toward a Rega aura.

I have a custom Audience AR1 (I’ll call it). It was made for me by Audience as an all-out “single outlet” solution. They had to use an AR2 case to do it. It is the only passive conditioner I’ve ever kept, having tried many.

Have you compared it to any of the regenerators?

Also, are you using it with some sort of power strip?

Just watched that day. Dude’s a trip

I had My MK1200 plugged into my P3…no issues at all

Thank you gd7288, I’m confident there are no issues but I was more interested in SQ improvements a different option can provide to M1200s+RELs: wall or P3 or P15 and at what kind of degree.
If someone already tested those options I really appreciate your thoughts.

Luca

Instead of a regenerator at all for the purpose you are going to be using the unit on the front wall for have you thought about just exploring one of the line conditioning power bars from Puritan, Iso-Tek, Gigawatt or even iFi? Plenty of reviews of these units in EU magazines both print and on-line. All designed by companies based in the EU for native power grid. All will fit neatly behind the rack. I’ve used the iFi Power Station in the Greenville house for over two years.

1 Like

Other than the brand name any reason you chose the Cardas over well reviewed units from other companies at prices far less?

1 Like

I am using a P15 on all my sources. I have not used the P15 on my amps because the Amps (MBl 9011x4) would shut the P15 down. Depending on the sources you may want to use the p20 on the amps and a P12 or 15 on the sources…but now I realize the 1200s and the Rels are class D so they probably don’t need the headroom of other amps. You are entering a testing rabbit hole.

1 Like

Luca, I have a P15 and I have all my items plugged into it: a DSD, a Farad Super3 for the analog board of the DSD, a Rega P3, the TTPSU for the P3, a NuWave Phono Converter, a Decware ZTPRE preamp, a Decware ZROCK2 tubed EQ component, and a pair of Decware SE84UFO3 tubed monoblocks (3 watts per channel!) I’ve tried various combinations of amps, preamps, etc. plugged into the wall or into the P15 and EVERYTHING is better if plugged into the P15. And the P15 is overkill–with everything powered up and running I am using less than 20 percent of the load. And my incoming power is pretty clean–1.5 to 2.0 percent always–and yet the P15 makes a pretty significant sonic improvement, and the best is when all units are plugged into the P15. All power cables are PS Audio AC-12.

I don’t at all believe that a P15 would be “overkill” for your situation.

1 Like