Snowmass Version V2 is ready

Thanks Jazznut. After listening to SM for about an hour and reading these posts, I switched back to RC. The idea was to do a third install of SM and see if that brought the magic others have experienced. But I listened to one track on RC and decided to stick with it for now.

Interesting these software loading correctly problems. RC sounds more coherent on the whole is my unscientific finding. Spandau Ballet “True” is a good one to flush out subtleties IMO. I may try a third install of Snowmass at some point. For now, I don’t want the agg or the associated questions in my head. Tweeters sound fine. Thanks and happy listening!

Some people prefer the sound of Snowmass V1 if you want to give that a listen.

1 Like

It could be that your system sounds better with Redcloud, but it’s more likely the fact new firmwares take time to settle in. This phenomenon has been noted by many others. Or it could be the firmware did not load correctly the first time. By far a majority of people prefer Snowmass to Redcloud.

2 Likes

That’s good advice. It took me a few loads and quite a bit of “tuning” but SnowMass is preferred to RedCloud now.

1 Like

After running SMv1 for a number of weeks I switched back to RC to compare. I went back and forth 3 times. RC is good, SM is better, in my system to my ears.

It’s wonderful that we can all choose the version we like.

1 Like

Yes, multiple versions are a plus, provided the user is able to load them. My soon to be returned Jr cannot load anything since I updated to Snowmass. ONE call to tech support on Monday and Jr either works (does’nt now) or RMA please.