Speaker Cable Recommendations

Hello all, I’m new to the PS Audio Community and have a couple of questions.

I am in the process of moving from McIntosh to PS Audio and have been contemplating changing speaker cables. I currently have Wireworld Eclipse 8’s and have been happy with them. However, I’m wondering if I should consider something else with PS Audio. Here is my current equipment list; not everything has shipped yet.

PS BHK Preamp
PS BHK 300 Amps
PS DS DAC w/Bridge II
Focal 1028be’s

I have tried the following cables over the past year and feel the Wireworld have performed the best:
Wireworld Eclipse 8
Acoustic Zen Satori
Kimber Kable 8TC

I’m considering the Morrow Audio SP7. I’ve never owned Morrow, however the reviews seem good and they have a 60 day return policy. I have also been looking at the Transparent Audio Plus Speaker Cable.

I would appreciate thoughts on the Morrow and Transparent Audio cables. What is everyone using with the 300’s? What else should I consider?

Thanks in advance!

If you’re happy with those speaker cables continue to use them with your PS gears. If you have spare cash to splash on upgrades, better speakers should come first.

I’ve used both Wireworld and Morrow and preferred the Wireworld by a good margin. You are good where you are.

Thanks for the quick replies. The Wireworlds have been solid and as good as the Focal’s are, I agree they are definitely the weakest link now.

Any speaker recommendations? My budget for speakers would be around 10 - 12K.

Magico A3 on Apods.

Nola K.O., Spatial Audio X2, PSB Imagine T3, Legacy Focus SE. In the end it will be personal taste. None of my recommendations have that etched high frequency of the Be tweeters so like the Magico’s different sound.

The new PS Audio speakers, perhaps.

You should also read the Iconoclast thread. With a 30 day, nothing paid, no risk in-home evaluation… It is a no brainer. I will be getting a set in relative soon to pit against my Analysis Plus Big Silver Oval speaker leads.

Haven’t used Wireworld speaker cables in my system, but have just swapped out the old silver plated copper design Morrow SP7 for the new design SP7 cables.

Miles better than the old design, much more open and integrated sounding.
My last speaker cable and highly recommended.

I’ll never NOT recommend Magnepans. Your budget gets you close to the 20.7.

3 Likes

DeVore Fidelity 093 or 096. If you can audition these, you should.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. Time to do a a little research and find some dealers. Any idea when PS Audio will be releasing their speaker line?

I concur with the member who recommended the Legacy Focus as an option. I am also a big fan of Magico and Focal. When it comes to your speaker cables I encourage you to try a pair of our Iconoclast product. There is an entire thread on Iconoclast under cables. You have nothing to risk. Good luck in your speaker search.

After a ton of reading today, I am very intrigued by the Magico A3’s. I found a dealer an hour away and will check them out. Still considering Focal Kanta 2’s or possibly Sopra 2’s.

1 Like

Agree about the A3s!

Yeah, Magico A3, nice…make sure they are on the optional Apods. If kids are in the home the optional grilles would also be advised.

It won’t be an immediate purchase because I bought into the temptation of the P20 over the weekend. I know speakers first, but I couldn’t pass up a great Black Friday deal. Plus I want to take my time with selecting speakers and my current Focal 1028be’s are no slouches. But yes, speakers are next!

Update… I auditioned the A3’s at my local dealer yesterday. Maybe I was expecting to much, but I didn’t fall in love with them. The soundstage, imaging, and placement of instruments was excellent. However, the more I listened, I found the mids and highs a little harsh/edgy at times. The A3’s were connected to a Dan D’Agostino Progression amp which has 600w into 4 ohms, so plenty of power. We streamed Tidal through Roon using a Chord DAC (I didn’t catch the model) and the new Chord Hugo M Scaler. After listening to the A3’s we swapped them for the S1 MKII’s and I noticed an immediate improvement. The mids and highs were much more refined and very smooth. The S1’s MKII’s were excellent, but lacked the bass of the A3’s which is expected considering they are a 2-way. I also had a chance to listen to a pair of TAD E1’s and they were impressive, now discontinued so I could score an amazing deal. The S1’s MKII’s were tempting but I know I would end up missing the bass and I don’t want to add the sub.

S1Mk2 are 60% more expensive than A3, little wonder their sound was more refined.

With such a big investment in source and power components, the system doesn’t deserve anything less than Focal Sopra 2, even Sopra 3 if the room is big enough.

My dealer is big on Focal, they have the Grand Utopia’s on permanent demo with Transparent cables.

1 Like

If you can…seek out and give a goodly listen to the Acoustic Zen Crescendo mk II’s if you can. They will not disappoint!!!