System Photos!

Well i’m done with the demo from this thread:

(Comparing streamers and DACs (eversolo vs Arce; yamaha SACD DAC vs Pontus II DAC))

Kept the Denafrips stuff together in the main system, and moved the Eversolo to my office/den. Main system gear’s in a closet, so I can now appreciate the screen.

Denafrips Arce streamer isn’t technically “roon ready” but it works as a roon bridge, and it supports HQPlayer NAA. Airplay, too. Not sure if the sound quality will change one bit when it’s roon ready, but roon sees it just fine as is. Goes AES/EBU into the Pontus DAC. I do have a decent i2S cable, so I can experiment with HQPlayer upsampling to DSD256, etc… Not sure I can tell any difference tho.

Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD player found locally for a bargain price, and my CDs (and my 20 or so SACDs) sound amazing. Balanced XLR into the Luxman.

Eversolo used to run USB into a Matrix X-SPDIF 2 (with Teddy Pardo LPS) then i2S into the Denafrips Pontus II DAC. But now I’m just using its own DAC and going balanced into the Schiit Freya+ Pre (and I picked up one of those $150 Fosi ZA3 amps).

Simplify.

:man_in_lotus_position:

14 Likes