System Photos!

In between homes here is my system :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Bottlehead amp?

Yes sir!

1 Like

Good morning folks!! Into some saturday morning listening…Alison Krauss’ “It Doesn’t Matter” …what a fantastic tune. The bass note at the end shakes the whole room with the REL S5 SHO subs kicking in!

BHK pre and DSD are finally breaking in nicely after a few hundred hours…thanks PS Audio!!

21 Likes

Love Allison Krauss and Union Station. Having Jerry Douglas, Dan Timinski and Ron Block backing up that voice and fiddle playing. Wow!

1 Like

Buying that one on SACD will set you back a bit…

I have the MoFi LP. So Long So Wrong. Great sound not sure it’s still in print.

Hi all :slight_smile:

My humble system from Belgium :wink:

• Von Schweikert Audio loudspeakers (USA)
  • Perreaux preamp + amp (New Zealand)
  • PS Audio DMP+DS (USA)
  • Kuzma turntable (Slovenia)
  • ASR battery phono preamp (Germany)
  • Transparent cables (USA)

Cheers,
Fabrice

20 Likes

Very interesting International configuration. But nothing from Japan?

Not so “humble” as you claim Fabrice. Great equipment, particularly your analogue front end. Your pics don’t reveal whether you’ve put any efforts into room acoustics though?

More pics of the system and that view in the background too please.
Congrats.

11 Likes

Hello, nothing from Japan currently indeed, I had many in the past, I started with full Yamaha, then full Marantz, I also owned a CEC player (I tried Esoteric once but I didn’t go for it).

Currently nothing special done concerning the room, I moved last year and no time to fine tune anything yet :slight_smile:

A better view of the analogue part

11 Likes

Upgrade ready for now…

Now my turntable shelf is ready. And thus (for now) the upgrade of my stereo. The material is stainless steel, the bands are each 60 mm wide and 10 mm thick. Although I can machine steel (cutting, milling, filing, sawing and welding), stainless steel requires completely different tools and therefore exceeds my capabilities (What I had to learn during the project :roll_eyes: ). In total, 3 different companies were involved in the completion (A cutting, bending, B welding, C surface treatment). These radii e.g. were bent with a hydraulic 100-ton press. Bending was the first choice, as welding would have resulted in undesirable deformation of the material. On the one hand, the shelf should be massive, but at the same time optically “light”. At the rear upper band is a Goldkabel 3-way connector strip with 4 Allen screws attached, which is exactly as wide as the steel strip. As a result, I have only one power supply, power supply and phono preamplifier are supplied from there with short cables.

The shelf construction I have planned so that it does not turn out to be larger than necessary. The granite slabs (Nero Assoluto) have no firm connection to the steel structure, they rest on 6 felt stiffeners each. Thus I achieve a complete separation of support frame and plates without direct coupling. Frame and plates together weigh about 58 kg.

The final result with turntable, power supply and phono pre has a total weight of just under 100 kg.

One of my friends (himself a musician and without any stereo system) said that the turntable looks like a oil rig and he named it “Deep Vinyl Horizon” :smile:

I’m really satisfied. But a system is never static, I’m curious what I think of next cheers

24 Likes

Wow, StereJo what a great job you have done!
Your friend is correct, it does look like an oil rig and the name he chose (Deep Vinyl Horizon) is so perfect. And the finishing touch is to include the name plate!
Well done…
You have my vote!

1 Like

Alles massief Eiche! It looks very good. also the roof looks like it can handle a bit of snow. This picture reminds me of @Orosie ‘s Listening room. Love the forrest.
That Rack looks like a perfect match to the Transrotor.

1 Like

I can see the resemblence of an oil rig and the shape of the stand and the Transrotor.

But, I don’t think it is appropriate to joke with the deep water horizon drama. Some good people had to pay with their life’s for our greed for cheap oil and their companies greed for high profit.

StereJo’s gear and handcrafted rack certainly deserves a better comparison. I simply find it stylish and rugged.

Please take StereJo’s friend’s comment in the harmless light-hearted way it was meant.

And please do not take sandrock to task for it; he did not do the naming.

4 Likes

@StereJo - that room is so sweet, we discussed it in detail and you did such a wonderful job. Such a great job on the rig and TT w/ rack looks gorgeous… great!

1 Like