System Photos!

@cardri do you have a vinyl rig? If not you are missing quite the fun experience.

It is a fact that people died out there and one, regardless who, should think twice making such comments. Why would it be OK or harmless, sorry Elk, I do not get that.

@kcleveland123 - I’m not tactile romantic, or do I ever want to invest 10 seconds in owning a TT. In 1981 I had a Transaudio Oracle TT with Dynavector cartridge, and a cool arm I forget. Threshold electronics and KEF ref II speakers. A Nachamechi Dragon tape player…l I owned a VPI vacuum record cleaner, zero stat gun. I had $30k set aside for a new rig last fall and then I heard streaming for the first time after spending a fair amount of time getting Ethernet right… If you gave me a $10K check I would not own a TT… I have a great memory for all that crap associated w/ TT. I have over 5,000 albums I can access in seconds. I have access to 50M tracks in seconds. This time around I’m interested in listening time, not time it takes to listen. I could recite a book on why not… however, not a hater of TT… I am an engineer and really appreciate what a tiny diamond stylus can achieve…:nerd_face:

I was getting a Basis 2800 w/ vacuum… my rig sounds 100X better than my 1981 rig w/ TT. It is not to say I could not achieve a better sound investing $50K in a rig… way too much drama… then you get into this record, that record, buy this, get that album, talk to John about this pressing and you have to have the new pressing… huge drama… too old to start collecting 4,000 albums my wife will threaten to throw out…

Recap: Love Joe’s TT and his set up. He is amazing!. I bet it sounds amazing. I wish Joe 1,000s of hrs great listening and that room is unbelievable. TT not my thang…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is not the place for the discussion. Please take it elsewhere.

5 Likes

Elk, I agree and thank you for saying so.
I am sorry that the PC Police are always on alert for any infraction.
In the end it causes posters to retreat and shrinks the discourse which we really don’t need!

As I understand it, “Scientists have arrived to the conclusion that it is easier to create artificial intelligence then to fight natural stupidity” so I am told…

Happy Friday everyone and enjoy tonight’s listening experience, I sure am!
Cheers…

4 Likes

Did you cut the SS strips from plate, or is it just stock width? You should take the effort to next level and fit some fancy feet to the rack.

This is a stock width. One can buy it in this dimensions. Your ideas to “some fancy feet” are welcome :+1:

Many Thanks !

1 Like

I surely enjoy the discussion about music and looking at other people’s systems that are with great passion and care put together. I like StreJo’s set up.

But the energy to run those systems is generated from something, as a matter of fact that are for the majority still fossil fuels. Although technology changes for the better, with natural energy sources.

Respect should be paid to those hard workers that operate in seriously risky and dangerous situations in order to keep our wheels turning and amplifiers powered to listen to music on Friday nights.

1 Like

Looks like you’re already on to it with fancy spikes under the speakers. If you’re happy with those would be a good starting point for the rack. I’m sure you’re capable of cutting/threading a hole in the SS to suit.

Relocated

Very nice indeed. I think there is room for improvement in the coffee machine department.

The whole truth… coffee-emoji

1 Like

You should post your diagram over here: Block Diagrams, System Topologies, and Bears, Oh my!

1 Like

With that lovely room you rely on a bean to cup machine? Must adversely affect sound quality. Even with my modest system I have a Lelit Mara 62 and Mignon Eureka.

I have a kettle, and a jar of Nescafe Blend 43. Works great!

Boah… Lelit Mara 62 and Mignon Eureka. I just googled… Impressive… These are goals that I still have to implement. Wonder how my stereo will sound with these machines :smile: :innocent:

I can assure you that it does not really affect the sound. And this blend integrates perfectly between my machines. :blush:

2 Likes

Argh, Decaf. Right.

Back from the Middle East where Costa seems to be more popular than Starbucks, haring had a taste of it I know why. It’s also fun to watch them make it. They have decent grinders for which you can set the grain size and weight, machines that you set the pressure and temperature, very sophisticated.