System Photos!

Thanks! That turntable is a Music Hall mmf7.3 with an Ortofon 2M Bronze cart, feeding a Schiit Mani phono pre. A great combo.

1 Like

Thank you sir. Those Klipsch’s also sound as good as they look. Same goes for the Stellar stack.

Funny you say you’re starting to like the 12" format again. Growing up my father had the Klipsch Cornwall II’s which have 15" drivers. When my oldest brother got out of the Army, his system was centered around a pair of JBL L112 bookshelf speakers (slightly larger and heavier than the Heresy’s), and they too had a 12" driver. Those JBL’s and his system is truly what got me really interested in home audio… At the ripe ole’ age of 11!

Aside from utilizing titanium diaphragms in the midrange and tweeter horns, the midrange horn is now made out of a heavy plastic/resin material vs the old original aluminum which could and would ring. The original tweeter horn has also been upgraded to the same plastic/resin material, but not only that, it is now a Tractrix style horn.

1 Like

The Heresy’s sounded okay on the floor with the risers, but just okay. In this room, they had a bit of a chesty sound to them and the sound stage was somewhat narrow and low to the ground.

Yes, there was a very big improvement placing them on stands (end tables). The chestiness is completely gone, the sound stage is up where it should be, and it also opened up the sound stage, nice and wide and deep. It even has a fair amount of height to it now as well.

1 Like

Hi power plus well sorted horns is incredibly dynamic, in my experience! Well done.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think I have to worry about running out of headroom power anytime soon. LOL

Schiit Yggdrasil DAC in place. Moved the SACD player to the left-side cabinet (currently with a bunch of record-cleaning crap on top of it), and transported the NAS/RAID units downstairs to a different computer on the network.

Been testing the sound both with and without the Matrix X-SPIDF 2 unit. I have to say, it’s pretty close. Gotta find a better (quicker) way to switch the paths! Too easy to forget (and compare) the details.

8 Likes

…Did someone say horns!?
Just recently acquired these bad boys. Cornwall III’s
Dynamics and power reserves galore with life and immediacy. Amp hardly sweats due to it’s 102 Db sensitivity.
Cheers

16 Likes

Dog doesn’t sweat either👍

Is that a Hegel H390 driving those speakers?

1 Like

Extra center channel woofer too. Sweet.

3 Likes

Lol! It’s a H190

Love your dog’s pose. External woofer.

2 Likes

Yeah, but look at that big beautiful pup in the middle though! :smiley:

3 Likes

Is that picture taken this fall? You already had snow? Or is it an older picture?

1 Like

We have had 3 snowfalls already. Mother Nature has been harsh very early! Brrr :cold_face:

Doggity

1 Like

I’m in the Toronto GTA and we’ve had a few snowfalls already. Today’s is a pain. Anywhere from 6 inches to 18 inches depending on where you are. It took my wife and I, 2.5 hours to get home and that is normally 30 minutes.

When I first got into high end audio the conventional advice was to buy as much power as you could afford. I have the BHK 250 driving my Forte IIIs. Aside from wide dynamic range I believe the amp functions in class A for much of the time.

Class A up to about 1 watt, which, for most listeners, is much of the time.

This is a fun thread. Here’s mine (assuming I can attach a photo successfully). It’s modest, and in a messy still-incomplete room, but that’s only because when I walk in to continue cleanup/setup, I make the mistake of sitting down and listening to music.

Sources are: a VPI Scout Jr with a Sumiko BPS EVO III (with an Ortofon 2M Bronze waiting in the wings), a Node 2i for Tidal streaming and for playing files from my server (iMac in another room), a Marantz SA8005 SACD player, a Rega Planet CD player (digital out to the DAC), and an old Sony MDS-JB940 minidisc deck.

Preamp is a SGCD, and power amp is an Emotiva BasX A-300. Power supply is by a PS Audio P500, an HC Ultimate Outlet and a Juice Bar.

Speakers are Magnepan .7s on Magna Riser Multi-Riser stands, with a Hsu Research VTF2 Mk2 sub (my old Meadowlark Kestrel 2s are in the background).

There’s also a PrimaLuna Prologue 2 integrated that’s waiting to play with. Picked it up second-hand several years go and haven’t done anything with it yet.

15 Likes